What is the one source you would trust for news?

If I had to pick one site, I’d go with My Page on myway.com. But for one source, BBC – though I know I’d wind up two-timing with CNN every now and then.

Exactly. I look at My Page, the Washington Post, and the NY Times online every day; several times a week I add CNN, BBC, and the Baltimore Sun online to the mix. Less frequently, I look at Le Monde and Nidderdale Today online.

Cricket is pretty straightforward.

Ha, good one!

Yea, I was going to say none. Any official news system has too much
politics and money intrests not to be biased.

And unoffical news like internet blogs can just be wrong or lies!

I use the method - filter many news sources and see if you
can distinguish the real news.

On EMS … funny … in “War of the Worlds”

When Tom Cruise is driving in the car, and the EMS test came
on!

That really cracked me up!

I can’t trust 1 source for News, not in me to do so.
SOurces I trust the most:
BBCi & NY Times.
Sources I trust the Least
Cable News especially Fox & NY Post

I used to have absolute faith in Walter Cronkite but I was still a kid. I think the switch to Dan Rather(not) blew out my trust.

For factual reporting of an event, I go to the BBC, but beyond that I’ll make the BBC my primary source but also reference other sites - Fox, The Telegraph, CNN, Sky, etc.

BBC World News, followed very closely by The Straight Dope. It seems some people here will get pissed off about something and start a thread discussing it before it ever hits the airwaves. :smiley:

Clearly “Der Spiegel”, a weekly magazine, or the related website Spiegel Online

I’ll echo the Reuters news site. It has a page, where, among other things, under the heading of “The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly” they display reader comments on various stories along with notes by editors. This includes acknowledgements of errors; that especially gets my respect.

Hockey is straight forward. That’s why I play it. Puck past goalie and into net =1 goal.

Your cite made my eyes bleed. :smiley:

I can’t get the cricket link to work. :frowning:

I trust NPR, BBC and here. Lots of times I will come here and link to the sites (and cites, haw!) that are posted–it helps me get a balanced view of things.

Don’t watch network news at all, don’t trust Fox or CNN.

I read the Chicago Tribune sometimes with tongue in cheek and sometimes with a jaundiced eye–but I do like a newspaper for coverage. Also read The New Yorker for indepth stuff.

Am I the only outcast here that reads the National Enquirer & the wonderful Weekly World News only when I am in a check out line, TYVM and know they this stuff is not only fairly mostly accurate as any other news agency, but you get the bonus of the Love Lorn Classified with men in prison lookin’ fer love in all the wrong places. and BatBoy!.

Clearly, WWN, is not afraid to report when the Ghost of the Titanic docks in NYC or that Hussein likes S&M and Hitler was a Pouf!. They gots balls. I want to work for them!
ok, back in reality, I have to say that Fark is my first choice for on line good stuff and NPR.

CBS News is my most trusted source. Though not as much since Dan Rather left.

I don’t trust any of them; even my trusty New York Times has let me down.

If I had to choose one, it would be the BBC.

Is it cheating to say I trust my local public radio station WCBE the most? A combination of NPR news, Marketplace, and BBC are my minimum (when I’m in really-busy mode, I’ll only catch snatches of each). When I have more time or interest in a specific news story, I browse the net, starting with a combination of Google news and the SDMB (if it’s a really big story or a quirky news story). And the local newspaper. And the New York Times Web site. And several German-language news sites. And there’s probably more. I’d find it very difficult to deal with a single news source (but it would probably be NPR). Can’t deal with anything that includes commercials.

GT

Wire services. Yahoo, MSN, Bloomberg, etc all run stories from the various wire services of which Reuters is probably the best known and perhaps most reliable. I never read newspapers or watch the talking heads - all they do is make stuff up around a wire service story.

Agreed.
that and BBC.

I subscribe to two magizines that arrive consistently in the mail every Saturday. From these two magazines I form my Weltanschaung: **The Economist, and Entertainment Weekly. **

Les Nessman. Especially when it comes to porcine news.

And his pronunciation of Chi-chi Rod-ru-geez. :smiley:

And Les will always be sure to let us know when the godless Tornadoes are on the way.