What is the optimal way to donate?

A lump sum to Act Blue, small donations to each of the candidates I like, or just a couple of larger donations to candidates I like?

Find out which of your candidates need the money the most, and donate there.

Yeah, all 6 of them,dammit

Then divide them into two categories- chance in hell, and no chance in hell, and donate to the former.

Damn. And Marcus Flowers got a slim to none chance to beat Madge

If you have to choose between not quite helping all of the candidates and actually helping some of the candidates…

1. Find a candidate you are willing and able to donate $X to.
  2. Find someone who supports their opponent and is planning to donate $X to said opponent.
  3. Offer to keep your $X if they’ll keep theirs.
  4. Profit!
  1. Opponent lies and donates anonymously.
  2. Loss!

Cynical answer: it makes no difference at the dollar amounts that 99% of Americans can afford to give.

Less cynical answer: what are your goals with your donation?

Blue Senate

John Fetterman (Yay!) has been doing very well financially with donations. He’s been placing ads on Facebook asking for specific amounts based on his followers.

The other day he pointed out that if each of his followers sent $22.75 he’d be able to do so much campaign work. My gf and I each chipped in that amount, as did many others.

Personally, I might recommend the North Carolina Senate race, which seems oddly off the board of many handicappers’ lists of potential D pickups. Republican Tedd Budd has enjoyed a polling lead over Democrat Cheri Beasley since the primaries, but it’s tightened up considerably and is currently a dead heat.

Yup. Braddock may not be the Burgh, ma’ home town, but close enough and I may never forgive Jeopardy for Oz. + I freaking adore the way Fetterman’s running his campaign.

Looking at Walker/ Warnock. Too close to call?? Waste of $$$??