What is the status of Covid treatment and drugs for the new year?

I have not been reading too much about Covid, but I’m wondering now that we are in new year if there is any antiviral drugs or treatment coming out for Covid.

I’m wondering how much they have advance in the past 4 years of Covid and what stuff they have out there now and coming out this year?

I also hear from doctor this is bad flu season and some people are sick up to three weeks and some even six weeks that is how bad it is this year.

Moving to Quarantine Zone.

The reality is that people are not getting vaccinated against flu or Covid at rates that help on an epidemiological level. Add in RSV which does not have a mass immunization vaccine - babies and seniors only - and the fact that normal travel and family events occurred over the holidays and the infection numbers are not good.

I was hit with something on Dec 30th that I’m still getting over. I tested negative twice for Covid and I received the latest Covid and influenza vaccines at the end of October.

There have been talks of an inhaled Covid vaccine that is substantially more effective, but it seems no closer to reality.

My wife got something non-covid starting 26-December and it lasted a full two weeks, and she still sounds congested (though she says she feels fine).

I got covid (my first time) this past Thursday. It was thankfully mild, and today as I type this I’d say I’m back to 95%

I got all my suggested shots (incl flu)- except the covid booster. I just didn’t get to that one.

I’m confused why the flu is getting worse every year?

I hear we are in bad flu season with some people getting flu for three weeks and some six weeks. Also constipation, diarrhea and vomiting.

I also there is major covid wave going on now.

Well also the doctors are speaking out but the government is not spending any money.

Because fewer and fewer people bother to get vaccinated?

The flu, COVID and RSV all have very similar symptoms so who knows what the people you are hearing about really have.

I got the latest COVID booster when I got my flu shot. I also have gotten my RSV shot and pneumonia shots.

I haven’t been sick with any sort of respiratory illness for decades. People around me are getting sick regularly. I’m openly pro-vax, it would be nice if one of my redneck anti-vax neighbors or friends would notice the connection between the two things.