What is this a picture of?

This photo is 100% real and is of an overweight woman who fell off a building. I can’t remember the details, how many stories etc. I think it was 3 stories. Anyway this picture and many many more just like it, or worse, are available at a certain popular website that shall go unnamed. This picture is in their “mustn’t miss” collection. It’s a legal website but you don’t want to go there unless you have a VERY strong stomach. I respect this website because it represents the unlimited freedom and potential of the internet but, even you people who are dedicated to the fight against ignorance realize that there are some things you might wish you didn’t know.

Actually that photo isn’t the most disgusting thing I have seen in the world. Sad yes, disgusting, not as bad as other photos I have seen. Coincidentally, that picture was circulated around my schools Intranet just recently. I didnt know what it was until I read all of the reactions here.

and not always is there blood or a squished body, here is a quote from one of the replies when that pic was circulated on one of the message boards on my schools intranet server:

Also the person who wrote that’s father was the guy who they called in to pick up “jumpers” while in the military.

Time was I stood where thou dost now
And view’d the dead as thou dost me
Ere long you’ll lie as low as I
And others stand and gaze at thee

Al Z. Cute name

You couldn’t come up with something else to do this weekend?

First post, Fist day on board?

You must really have an exciting life.
Don’t quit your day job.

Tenacious, like a coonhound tracking a poodle in heat.

Hey funneefarmer, take some Prozac or something. I’ve been on this board a lot. Like a lot of people I have several identities. I also have a busy weekend on my hands. I jumped into this sad thread because there appeared to be some doubt about that picture’s authenticity. I did my best to assure people of its reality and hopefully put the thread to rest. Just a small contribution to the fight against ignorance which is really what the Straight Dope is all about. Maybe you’re just upset because I didn’t post the website where you could go and stare at more pictures like this?

No, not upset. Just wondering why someone would create a new username to answer a thread claiming it’s real without offering visible proof. Also no e-mail reference. It just didn’t look kosher to me. My apologies if I’m wrong.

Tenacious, like a coonhound tracking a poodle in heat.

Fatal Image lives up to ( his? her? ) name. . .

Al, fess up or you will be considered a fraud. You sign up just to “verify” this silly fucking photo. It may be real or not, but if you have another identity why would you use a brand new name to reply to this questionable thread in the first place. I am aware many use more than one name, but wouldn’t be shady about admitting to it. The multiple names are usually used only to flame, spam, or create funny posts. A post that you claim is innocuous like this shouldn’t require a phony username, I think your a idiot and a fake, and unless I hear some verification I’ll assume that you have no real facts to contribute.

OK OK I’ve emailed the website to funnefarmer and Omniscient in a pathetic attempt to defend my integrity. I don’t believe in censorship but I consider the Straight Dope to be a relatively wholesome area and there is no way I will risk leading a single child to this website. I think it’s a legal website, it’s been around for a while, but it is truly appalling. The most revolting violent pictures and the most bizarre sexual activity I’ve ever seen. Vast collections catalogued. I don’t go there no mo’. It is real chunder material and could do some serious harm to any delicate psyches.
It is an interesting quandry I find myself in - self appointed censor. I wish I’d never posted on this thread. If some of the respected elders of this message board, or perhaps an administrator, would provide some direction, I will either post the website or stand by my original inclination and shut up. I’m not kidding, this is one unwholesome place.

Oh yeah, and don’t go bothering funneefarmer and Omniscient for the website and embarrass me further. You don’t want to go there and, if you still do after all this, you are showing an unhealthy interest in very disgusting things. Any moderately talented surfer should be able to dig up his or her own horrors on the internet. Is there still a central “Dark Side of the Web” site?

• Sigh, , , I remember seeing this image in at least two different places - sickestsites.com and goregallery.com, the contents of which should be obvious. I think the photo is faked because one place says it’s somebody that fell and the other says it’s somebody that got trampled. (People who fall do tend to bleed at least a little from certain points - hard contact areas such as the head and knees. People who get trampled tend to bruise.) Neither could explain the lack of clothes or provide any other info like location and date of the incident, police reports (which could be faked, but would give a location and date), newspaper coverage or any other info at all. I tend to think the shoulders are way too high in the air - unless there’s something underneath the chest, propping the body up, but then neither the “falling” explanation or the “trampled” explanation sounds quite legitimate. It might be (partly) a real person, but I’d guess it’s faked. - MC