What is this musical instrument?

Title kinda says it all.

It looks like a keyboard you blow in to. I get it…weird. But here it is:

I forgot the SDMB does not let us timestamp a video.

You can see the instrument being played at 1:25 in the video linked above.

That sounds like a melodica… *watches video*. Yep.

I am very near 60 years old. Kinda thought I’ve seen it all.

Nope…dunno why but this one got by me my whole life till now.

Thanks!

I believe Elton John used one (not sure if he played it) on, “I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues.”

Looks like I spoke too soon; the video has a guy sitting on EJ’s piano playing a harmonica.

Donald Fagen (Steely Dan) is a fan of the melodica.

Jon Batiste is famous for playing the melodica.

Wow, did I ever mess up: not only was it a harmonica, it was Stevie Wonder playing it on the recording. Glad to see him finally getting work.

If you like the sound of the melodica, you need to check out Augustus Pablo.

The Hooters were named after the melodica, and you see one (and hear one) played in the video for “And We Danced”.