What is this tool called?

What is this tool called? And where can I buy one?

I am guessing it is some type of caliper, but my google fu is weak tonight.


10 point dividers, looks like Weems & Plath brand. Any marine store should have them.

Now* that* is service. Thanks yoyodyne.

No problem. I’ve seen them in 6" and 12" sizes, and they aren’t cheap.

DAYuuumm!! No kidding! Sumbitch better be gold plated!

One more question yoyodyne; is the 6" dimension when it is open or closed? I am thinking it must be the closed dimension, right? What would a 6 incher typically expand to?

The generic term for these types of tools is pantograph