What is your Comfort Food Breakfast?

French toast made with Portuguese sweet bread, sliced about 1-1/2" thick. Four slices, full width of the loaf (which is about 12" across, circular). Six or so slices of bacon, and enough maple syrup for everything to swim in. With a large, cold glass of apple juice.

Wake me up around 3pm so I can continue my day.

Cocoa puffs.

Cinnamon morning bun, thick-cut bacon, fried egg (medium), glass of grapefruit juice.

I love crisp bacon, even turkey bacon with a couple of eggs.

Also, been enjoying a homemade turkey burger with chipote spices between two corn tortillas lately, for any day of the week. Works especially well for work mornings with a good shot of protein and tastiness.

Oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, butter, and raisins.

Pancakes! Smothered in real butter and drenched in maple syrup. And I mean Log Cabin or Mrs. Butterworth, none of that “real” crap from Canada or Vermont.

A big breakfast from the cafe:
Poached eggs, fried tomatoes, haloumi, black pudding, avocado and bacon on sourdough toast with tomato relish. And a large flat white.

Although now looking forward to a USA breakfast - will ask for:
over-easy hard eggs, lashings of hash and grits, a side of smuckers maple juice, a packet of biscuits doused in scrapple whip and gravy liberally sprinkled with pepper. Mmmm.

I’ll take the Full Irish
Fried eggs, Irish bacon, sausages, black pudding, white pudding, broiled tomato,and brown soda bread toast with a big mug of Irish black tea so strong it looks like coffee
( OK so its pretty much like the full English, but better cause your in Ireland!)

Sounds interesting! :smiley: :wink:

A full English when ingredients are available, consisting of Irish recipe sausages (2), smoked back bacon (3), black pudding (2 slices), poached eggs (2), mushrooms (in garlic butter) and tinned tomatoes (2), buttered toast (2), hash browns (2), pot of black, strong, tea, orange juice.

If they’re not available; steak and eggs and coffee.

Eggs Benedict!

Or my cousin’s biscuits and gravy, which I will be having on Christmas Day.

Actually just a couple doughnuts. Growing up, my mother worked overnight shift at the hospital. She would grocery shop after her shift on the weekend and bring the family doughnuts.

My (veggie) Sammich O’Death – Toasted, buttered salt bagel and about a half pound of (veggie) bacon.

for my family, it is my made from scratch buttermilk pancakes with real butter and warmed pancake syrup, bacon as a side.

Alternatively, scratch made buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy with scrambled eggs.

For me, steel cut oats with brown sugar, butter and milk.

That would be my go back in time to when Brennan’s was good breakfast. I’ve never seen it outside of New Orleans.

If I’m home, sunnyside-up eggs with bacon and white bread. It takes too long to prepare on a work day, so it is a special Sunday treat.

Out either interesting varieties of eggs Benedict or a scramble.
And also at home I’ve recently had a bagel with cream cheese and the whitefish my wonderful daughter sent me for my birthday.

Carl’s Jr Breakfast Burritos.

If I could eat whatever I wanted, a bacon sandwich on buttered toast.
Then again, my gran was almost 90, and she’s the one who taught me to have that and a beer every day.
When I do go out, I want crispy salty food. Hash, hash browns, bacon. Yum.

“Banana Bread Deluxe.” It’s my boyfriend’s invention. It is a warmed and buttered slice of banana bread with a fried egg on top, drizzled with maple syrup. I rarely have it because everything has to come together in order for me to indulge.
a. that I’m spending the night (rare)
b. that he has made banana bread (less rare)
c. that we actually think of it

I made it at home for my daughter and me one day - it just wasn’t the same. C’est la vie…

Scrambled eggs, sausage, buttered English muffin.

-or-

Chocolate chip pancakes with butter, sausage, and real maple syrup over both.