What is your Comfort Food Breakfast?

Comfort food? A Dutch Baby

We park our cars in the same garage! :o

(wounded eyes) Ivylass, I thought I *knew *you. Miracle Whip? Really?

Mine would be sausage gravy and biscuits, made with a tube of Pillsbury Grands and a roll of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage. I add lots of pepper. No hot sauce.

Last time I made it was … oh … probably last winter.

Big, thick,crispy on the outside waffles with lots of butter and maple syrup. A side of bacon or sausage wold be great!

Yes, Miracle Whip. I’m not ashamed to admit it.

I made biscuits and sausage gravy for Ivylad for his birthday last week. I also used Grands and Jimmy Dean, but the gravy was made from scratch. Sweet buttery roux, milky, peppered scratch.

That sounds similar to a beignet.

Buttered bagel.

Is there another way?

I’ve seen gravy mixes at the store. Gawd.

Country fried steak with gravy(lumpy, peppered), hash browns, green melon(iced and sliced thin), Mexican omelet.

When I’m sick, I buy brown sugar-cinnamon Pop-Tarts. Cold; I never heat them.

Not very IMO. The beignets I’ve had are closer to donuts, and small. It’s more like a pie, complete with walls (so you can put stuff life sliced fruit inside), but made of pancake. It’s large enough that you can split it with someone.

Leave off the egg and I’m good to go.

My Grandmother made buttermilk biscuits and bacon gravy, which is saltier and deeper in flavor than standard sausage gravy. It was the most delicious thing on the planet. Sadly, she took her secret for it with her to the other side.

My usual cheese sandwich, but accompanied by either bacon or smoked salmon or both. And tea. Always tea. Black tea, not that boiled-weeds herbal stuff.

I don’t eat eggs either!

In another thread someone posted a recipe for sausage gravy that had bacon added to it. Try searching on “bacon” and see what comes up.

Two more grande breakfasts that I order when in New Orleans at The Coffee Pot:

Eggs Sardou
Two eggs poached and placed on top of creamed spinach and artichoke bottoms on an English muffin then topped with hollandaise sauce.

Eggs Conti
poached eggs topped with chicken livers sautéed with onions and peppers on top of a biscuit, with brown gravy.

Two fried eggs, fried potatoes, fried bacon, toast. Frying the toast is optional.

Two eggs either scrambled or over medium, bacon, grits and wheat toast.

It used to be a big bowl of oatmeal with generous amounts of brown sugar stirred in, but that’s not on the menu anymore (sugar is fine, can’t have oatmeal - go figure!)
Now, it’s scrambled eggs, made with jalapeno cream cheese, topped with a bit of pico, toast and a few pieces of peppered bacon on the side.

Mention of New Orleans brought back memories of beignets and *cafe au lait *at the Café du Monde. :o