What is your debt load right now?

~$35K in student loans left. Negligible savings, but I’m ahead of my monthly payments. And I’m going back to school, so I’ll soon have a much larger debt, but also much better pay.

Zero debt. House, car and partnership in a plane paid for. Unemployment has taken a toll on my bank account.

No debt. I have a mortgage, but I have much more in savings. I could pay off the mortgage by writing a check if I wanted to.

The only other debt I ever had was student loans, paid them off in 10 years.

No consumer debt (credit cards, purchases on time, etc.). No car loan. No credit cards. No mortgage. No educational debt.

$72,582.23 in medical debt.

I have ~30k in Student Loans

I have $3k in bank, $8k in safe, and about $15k in 401k.

House: About $170,000 @ 5%
Car: About $11,000
Two credit cards: About $3300 (I’m fixing that, using nothing but Debit now)
Riding mower: $900 left at 0%

So about $185,200. I’ll have no problem paying for all that as long as my company stays afloat.

Yeah, ours is not secured against our house - I wouldn’t lose a $330,000 house for a $15,000 loan.

Zero. We have recurring costs for utilities, etc., but no accruing interest debt.

We have enough saved to pay off what remains on our mortgage x 5. That’s the only debt we carry except for a 6 months same as cash deal from Home Depot for our new bamboo flooring, which we’ll pay off before the interest kicks in.

Unfortunately, TeenPundit starts college next fall so we’ll be taking on some more debt in the near future.

Calculating at the current exchange rate to USD…

USD 467,811 in mortgage
USD 2,971 in unpaid uni fees that were due yesterday

No credit card, overdraft or personal loans.

$180,000 in student loans
$2900 owed to a friend
$2000 on credit cards

I moved cross country 5 months ago and I’m still paying off the associated expenses. So I’m carrying credit card debt for the first time ever and it’s driving me nuts.

200k on mortgage (no problem with that, love my home)
25k on credit cards (hate that, Mrs G can’t work for health reasons and the debt has been trickling larger as big bills surprise us) :frowning:

Came back to add my load’s a little higher now that they’ve raised our utility rates 15%…electricity’s about $100 more this year.

“We HAD to do it, our upstream providers raised THEIR rates!”

Like that makes it better? You’re just pushing the blame upstream. (That’s an unintentional hydro-electric pun, there.)

£15k (approx) student loans. I never think about it or worry about it as a tiny amount is taken off my paycheck each month; plus if I earn less, I pay less, and if I earn nothing, I pay nothing.

I was very happy to pay off all my bank debts.

I owe my husband a backrub and that’s it. No mortgage, no car payments, no credit card bills. Yeah! It’s a wonderful feeling.

A little over ten thou for student loans. No credit cards, no car, and I rent, so those student loans are the only thing hanging over my head. Some days it feels like they’ll never be paid off.

Honey, let me clue you in. Those backrubs are never just backrubs.

:wink: