What is your favorite moisturizer for hands?

With Fall/Winter approaching I am reminded that I need to stock up on hand moisturizer.

I really don’t like using the stuff but the reality is I need to use it so…

Any recommendations?

My only stipulation is no fragrance (or at most super subtle).

Cost is not an issue (within reason…no $100/ounce craziness).

I am looking for something that is actually good and useful. Not just grease for the hands.

I use this stuff for my feet, hands, and elbows. I buy it from my Avon-selling SIL for ~$5 / tube. I love it.

My wife swears by this stuff. I’ve used it a couple of times on my feet and it seems to work well.

My dermatologist recommended regular Eucerin or Nivea (the stuff in the blue tin).

FWIW, I use Jergen’s.

This.

Slight scent of honey, on the original version at least. Works. I have dry skin, and get my hands in the soil a lot.

O’Keeffe’s Working Hands. No particular scent, extremely protective. Has a high wax content, so you have to really rub it in, but it’s perfect if your hands are constantly being exposed to water.

Yep. I also use Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Moisturizing Hand Cream. I have extremely dry, rough hands so I need the heavy duty stuff. Those lightweight Jergens, Vaseline lotion, etc, seem to evaporate off my hands about 5 minutes after applying.

I’m on the fence whether I want the greasy lotion to go away or have perpetually greasy hands.

Well…not on the fence at all. I HATE the greasy hands. But I dunno if that is what is needed to actually fix dry hands.

I use Lubriderm, in an unscented hypoallergenic version.

Burts Bees Shea butter hand repair

Another one for O’Keefe’s Working Hands.

This is the best stuff IMHO. And I’ve tried them all.

+1 on the O’Keefe’s. I prefer the jar to the tube for some reason.

Hempz.

It was, of all things, my 100 year old mother’s favorite lotion.

My wife buys Aveeno. It has no fragrance whatsoever. Also, it’s Jennifer Aniston approved!

My wife’s doc recommended CeraVe. I’m using it on a couple of dry patches and they seem to be healing.

User tested and approved.

Whatever lotion I end up using, I like to put it on before bed and wear cotton gloves to sleep. I’m prone to acne (yes I am an adult) and I sleep on my hands so if I get all oily before bed, I break out. Even if you’re not acne-prone, the gloves help moisturize just like wearing socks after moisturizing your feet.

Cornhusker’s lotion is I’ve found quite effective. It does have a mild baby powerder-ish odor but it fades quickly. It is pretty viscous, so after you thoroughly rub it in, use a cloth or a thicker paper towel to rid of the excess. No greasiness afterword.

I do not use moisturizer for dry hands, (if anything I find that I’m too moist) but when healing a tattoo I have always used Neutrogena for the dry & itchy phase.

I use Aveeno because I have allergies and the oatmeal essence (or whatever they call it) is very soothing. However, it is not heavy duty by any means. Since most of the heavy duty products have things that irritate my skin, when I need to protect my hands in addition to using Aveeno I put on nitrile exam gloves or household rubber gloves.