What is your favorite movie of all time?

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, which I consider to be a single film. Hmmm, it’s going on a year since I last watched. Time for a marathon.

That would be Anton Karas.

My favorite is Inherit the Wind.

The Big Lebowski

The Wrestler, for now. Probably will revert to 2001: A Space Odyssey, much as it usually does.

The Right Stuff

I love both Metropolis and Blade Runner, but my all time favorite is M - Eine Stadt sucht einen Mörder. If you can get past the need to read subtitles, or can understand German it is great. It is also one of several movies based in the same movieverse [Dr Mabuse uses the same police cast, and same Alex/Berlin locations and started with a silent movie and ended up with movies running from the silent era to one filmed in 1990 as Dr M, which I have not managed to get a copy and see. ]

It might be the second X-Men movie.

Case in point: the opening scene.

If I absolutely, positively can choose only one film it’s probably

A Man for All Seasons Paul Scofield, Nigel Davenport, Orson Welles, Robert Shaw, Wendy Hiller, Leo McKern, a very young John Hurt, Susannah York, need I go on?

Jaws.

The Third Man. But I’ve only seen it about ten times, so maybe I need to watch one more time to be sure?

Singin’ in the Rain.

Probably still Natural Born Killers.

Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Can’t do it–I can’t even narrow a list down to my top *ten *favorite movies. I will say, though, that none of my top ten or twenty have made anyone else’s “favorites” so far.

Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown.

Seconded.

And very close behind:

The Incredibles
Breaker Morant
Notorious
Dark City
Trading Places
Limitless
Star Wars
Memento
The Matrix
Pride & Prejudice
Blade Runner
The Big Lebowski
2001: A Space Odyssey
Groundhog Day
True Lies
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
The Hidden

OK, I’ll stop now.

Hmmm… probably A Knight’s Tale. It’s my go-to feel-good movie.

What part of “only one” do you not understand, Elendil’s Heir?
:slight_smile:

He likes group sex.