What is your favorite salad dressing?

I used to buy several different kinds of Newman’s Own: Roasted garlic & parmesan, creamy caesar, blue cheese, raspberry & walnut vinaigrette, balsamic vinaigrette, and sesame ginger. But I got tired of paying $3.00 a bottle, so I now make my own garlic parmesan vinaigrette.

At restaurants, I like caesar salad, italian or blue cheese.

Love a good buttermilk ranch, always my first choice. Second choice is Catalina French. Damn, I love salads!

Make my own french -Fallot Dijon mustard, Trader Joe’s white basalmic vinegar, and a good olive oil.

There’s a local steak house (The Buckhorn in Winters, CA) that makes their own creamy dill which is phenomenal. For store-bought, we pretty much always have a bottle of ranch (usually Hidden Valley) and a bottle of Girard’s Champagne dressing in the fridge. The Girard’s is a key component to my Mom’s favorite salad which I make all the time: Mixed greens, apples, and sugared walnuts. Now that I think about it, crumbled blue cheese might go nicely with that. Must experiment …

Oil and Vinegar.

We always make our own vinaigrette at home. We mix and match the type of oil, vinegar and seasonings to get flavour variety. A key ingredient to give the vinaigrette more depth and body is a dash of msg. My wife’s favourite combination at the moment is balsamico with Dijon and a touch of maple syrup and smoked sea salt in a light to neutral oil.

Outside, it’s usually an oil-based dressing and we always ask for it on the side. Too many restaurants drown their salad in dressing.

Other than my mother’s Roquefort dressing, it would have to be passion fruit vinegar. Terrific stuff, especially if there is fruit in the salad.

Hidden Valley Ranch, Wishbone French, any Italian at home.

Olive Garden Italian at Olive Garden.

Any other restaurant usually ranch, italian, creamy garlic, house dressing, vinegar and oil - depends on what kind of salad I’m having and my mood.

Anybody else ever mix? French and bleu cheese are awesome together!

I am on a salad kick; as part of my diet.

I also don’t know if this really qualifies as a dressing, but I mix avocado and lime juice, and toss it with leafy greens in place of a salad dressing. Aside from that, I like ranch or balsamic vinaigrette.

I’m on an oil and vinegar kick, especially now that I’m counting calories. Extra virgin olive oil and any of pomegranate, fig, pear, or raspberry vinegars I have right now. Or a squeeze of whatever citrus I have laying around, lemon, lime and grapefruit are all good. I also like an Asian twist with a squeeze of orange juice and a tiny, careful drizzle of sesame oil.

I’m going to have to get me some of this!

Oil and vinegar.

My wife also does this thing with avocados, where an avocado mashed into the salad becomes the dressing. This is incredible.

Yes, this! If I’m at a salad bar with both, then French and Bleu Cheese together are the way to go. Of course, it’s a huge calorie, fat and sugar bomb, so I don’t do that at home. It’s a special treat.

At home I make my own Ranch, using Greek yogurt, mayo, milk and a powder mix I make that includes buttermilk powder, because I never keep fresh buttermilk in the house.

Bah, I’ve been wondering who to blame for the proliferation of that shit. I should’ve known!

These kinds of threads amuse me. Why would anyone other than my waiter care what kind of salad dressing I like?

I like Brianna’s Honey Mustard in da bottle.

I gave up salad dressing in my diet for caloric reasons and I have to say, surprisingly, I don’t miss it at all.

But, I did like Kens Sweet Vidalia Onion back in the day.

At home variety is the spice of life. We usually have a few bottles and I just grab one at random.

In a nice restaurant I’ll often have the house dressing; they should know.

You eat your salad undressed? Oo-la-la! :smiley:

I love my own homemade Caesar dressing. I don’t skimp on the 'chovies or Parmesan, and it’s rich and wonderful.

I haven’t made a Caesar salad at home in a long time. I’ll have to do that this weekend.