What jersey numbers did you wear on your sports teams?

If you participated in sports, what jersey numbers did you wear?

I became a fan of the number 12 after finding a red football-looking jersey with that number on it and buying it from a thrift store, but when I wanted to find it and wear it for cross-country in eighth grade, it wasn’t there. So I wore #42.

That’s the only team I ever participated on; I’m a choir guy.

I was gonna say, “Number on my chest? Never happened to me.”

“I am not a number! I am a free man!”

I played on my school’s touch football team in 8th grade; I wore #15, mostly because that was the jersey that I was given. Though, as it had been the number of legendary Packers quarterback Bart Starr, I grew attached to the number.

As an adult, I played on a team in a big three-on-three basketball tournament in Chicago for several years, and we had uniform shirts made for ourselves; on that team, I wore “00,” in part because it was the number of two NFL players I had liked (Jim Otto and Ken Burrough), and in part because it is a fundamentally silly sort of number.

I always wore number one. But I was a football (soccer) goalkeeper, and that’s what all football goalies wore at the time.

I was a defensive lineman on my middle school’s football team in 7th and 8th grade.

My first year I wore #50 and played guard. My second year I wore #52 and played tackle.

13 and 4, both when playing as soccer goalkeeper.

13, because I wanted to show that it’s not an unlucky number.

The same logic with 4 when I was with a Chinese soccer team, because 4 is considered unlucky like 13 is in the West.

#17 here, for QB and baseball/softball.

The baseball that I played (starting with Little League and carrying through some of my high school years), I wore #13. At first because it was assigned to me. I carried it over into my high school years.

I’ve played in softball leagues since then, and usually wore #6. Mostly because my father, who died in 2001, was a big fan of a player for the Chicago Cubs who wore that number. Why he was such a fan of this guy, I can’t say.

Eternal tighthead prop. Always wore No. 3

Most recently, I was on a rec league volleyball team this past winter. I wore #98 because I figured I’d be the only person in the whole league who had that number.

Football, played center in Jr. High and wore #50. Switched to defensive tackle in High School and wore #74.

Didn’t have numbers on wresting singlet.

#12 in Little League baseball. I wanted #7 to be like Mickey Mantle, but fucking Scott got to pick before I did.

That fucker.

I played soccer in high school but can’t remember what number I was. :man_shrugging:

10 for basketball and hockey, forward for both

Number varied for football, but i always played linebacker and special teams.

High school only. I was bigger than the fast guys and faster than the big guys