I was sitting around thinking about how it seems the people I know who last the longest in creative fields (painting, journalism, broadcasting, acting, etc.) came from wealthy families. I concluded this was because they either could afford to go to such a great school they were snapped up immediately, or else their parents could support them while they built a career/body of work.
But there must be some jobs out there that pay really well but that few people are clamoring to go into. WHY no one wants these jobs could be any reason, I suppose. I know that many police department’s still don’t require higher education, yet pay a decent middle-class salary with good benefits. So, what other jobs are like that, yet maybe even more lucrative? Obviously someone could make a mint by going into a family business already established, but let’s exclude any jobs gained through nepotism.