What kind of car do you own?

1995 Volkswagon Golf 4 door. It’s black.

My car was the first thing I bought when I graduated from college, so it has sentimental value to me. It got me safely cross country once, and is going to do so again in a month or so. My lil’ baby has over 100K miles on it and runs like a champ. And I only have 10 months left on my loan, then it’s mine!

Hmm. I never heard of that car before. A quick search brings up that it was made designed and made Ford Europe, so I guess the Fiero enthusiasts say it isn’t American.

2000 Chev Cavalier sedan, which I bought at dealership cost. Command Start, fully loaded, cd and cassette. Does anyone have any cassettes to share?

A 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Conversion Van with high top. It has a 13" TV with DVD and VCP and a playstation (hopefully PS2 soon). Keyless entry and start up, power everything.

Light brown interior with a glossy white exterior with pin stripping.

1995 Mazda Miata M edition. It’s a lot of fun, but I want something with a few more ponies under the hood, so I’m looking at a '97 or '98 Corvette.

I own a 1988 Chevy Cavalier Z-24, black, automatic, 2.8 multiport FI V6 engine, digital dashboard, named Kitt. It has a lot of problems, but I love it and I never want to sell it, but I have to because it doesnt’ run anymore, the fuel pump is totally dead and it’ll cost $300 to get it replaced. :frowning:

1997 Ford Aerostar - green. It’s the last year they made 'em and I intend to baby it till it dies. Just turned over 95K miles, and in October, it will be paid off. Sadly, I’ve got an oil leak and the dealer wants $500+ to fix it… I’m gonna try to find a neighborhood garage to take it on.

Also 1998 Mazda 626 - maroon - with sun roof, leather, CD. It’ll go to our Perfect Child[sup]TM[/sup] in a couple of years when it’s paid off, then hubby will get himself a new car.

Do motorcycles count? 1996 Yamaha RoyalStar - not mine, tho - it’s hubby’s mid-life crisis toy.

1984 Honda Accord. Its got over 200,000 miles on it, will run so long as I glare at it, and occassionally fix whatever might be wrong with it. I paid $500 and have put over $1,400 into it and its a damn site better car than the Lincoln I used to own. (Though I’d happily trade the Honda for a Jeep any day!)

1998 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 4x4 2 Door. Dark Green

1993 Pontiac Grand Am

Motorcycles :slight_smile:

I am in the process of trying to get my buddies 70 240z. Low serial # to boot. All original. Needs paint but otherwise in fantastic unrestored condition.

2001 Dodge R/T Intrepid, metallic silver with a black leather interior. I put a spoiler on the trunk, which I feel should have been standard equipment.

For those of you complaining about your posts: preview is your friend!

For example, the above sentence was originally typed as follows:

“Fro thoseo f you complainining about your potsts…”

You get the idea.

I own a 1984 Dodge van that I left with a friend in Maui. It has a red, white, and blue, Hope Depot® paint job and Micket Thompson Baha’s on the back. It has a top speed of 50mph and gets about 10 mpg.

I owned, until a few months ago, a 1988 Isuzu Trooper. I got t-boned by some yuppy in a 2000 Cadillac Escalade and he got out swearing at me. The cop decided it was his fault so I was awarded $2000.

I bought a bike, a Cannondale 900 series. I decked it out with all Shimano XTR and some nice Mavic rims. :slight_smile:

1992 Honda Accord EX with aftermarket leather.

2001 Toyota Tundra SR5, in cobalt blue, with the nice little V8. Zero to 60 was, startling, well under 10 seconds, last I had the courage to test it. Most entertaining, and since it’s a Toyota, the dang thing will probably outlast me.

I used to drive a Jeep Wrangler. Although I really loved it, and it was, at low speed, one of the most maneuverable cars I’ve ever driven, it was obviously not designed for highway driving.

Not mine, but I have a friend who says he’s in the process of sticking a Chevy 302 in a Pontiac Firebird. If it doesn’t explode, it should be an interesting ride. 13,000 RPM max… all the little preppies in their Mustangs will be left stunned in the dust.

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4, Bright Platinum.

Here’s my guy car. A 78 Silver Anniversary Corvette. She’s my daily driver, often called a guy car by others because it’s 4 on the floor and just enough chrome under the hood to not look tacky.

Just yanked off a set of headers that were causing way too many exhaust and plug problems. She’s in the shop regularly because I like flirting with my Mechanic. She’s 100% stock right down to my 8-track tape player. (who needs CDs?) :eek:

Before this, I drove an 82 corvette. Sorry, I can’t talk about this car still makes me weepy. :frowning:

1990 Z24, red/silver, 5-speed manual (originally 3-speed automatic), 3.1 V6

–Tim

I got the fabulous egg-shaped 1994 Opel Corsa Swing. It’s tiny and a little uncomfortable by American standards but it has proved to be a really reliable car.

A wrecked one. :frowning:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?postid=1430141#post1430141

1995 Ford F-150 Pick-em Up Truck. Anybody need help moving?

1988 Dodge Daytona Shelby - 2.2 Intercooled Turbo 4…all white with white wheels

http://www.auto-enthusiast.com/ShelbyDodge/Daytona/Pictures/2001/03_pleone.htm

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - 4.7 Magnum V8…all black with black tonneau cover
Whatya think of the Shelby?