What kind of intestinal parasite is this?

Dog was producing feces that had what looked like several non-moving plump segmented maggots in them, looked almost exactly like maggots including a little black dot or head on one end.

This sounds somewhat like tapeworm reproductive bodies or proglottids, except looking online and at pics they usually look like flat rectangles or rice and are moving. These break off and distribute eggs. No picture I can find looks like what the dog produces.

Giving the dog a wormout nothing looking like a tapeworm was passed.

Probably flea-borne tapeworms. A pill from the vet will get rid of them.

Last time I had to worm a dog, I read up on the way the drug worked. The drug breaks down the worms’ protection. From Wikipedia: “Following exposure to praziquantel, the tapeworm loses its ability to resist digestion by the mammalian host. … The majority of tapeworms are digested and are not found in the feces.”

Most dewormers won’t work on tapeworms, you need special stuff from the vet for them. Around here the brand name is Droncit, if I recall correctly.

I bought it at a pet and agri store, the clerk assured me it worked for tapeworms, I don’t have the bottle anymore but I think it may have been a combo med and at least one of the drugs was pyrantel.

I guess I was expecting to see evidence because it isn’t uncommon for people to take “wormouts” here and I’ve been told you can be shocked looking in the toilet at what came out of you heh.