What kind of sauce do you like for fried green tomatoes?

We’re frying up some green ones for a friend’s birthday Tuesday and I’m tasked with making a sauce. When I do it for myself I throw stuff into a bowl until I like the way it tastes, but I was hoping to get a more… systematic approach, since a lot of people will be eating this. I like a remoulade sort of sauce myself - something creamy, a little Cajun, etc. It can’t be too spicy, though. Ideas?

Fried green tomatoes with shrimp remoulade is a New Orleans classic (OK, so shrimp remoulade isn’t a sauce - at least it contains a sauce). There are recipes for it all over the internet.

Emeril has a good, basic sauce:

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
3 tablespoons Creole whole-grain mustard
3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons chopped parsley leves
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

I like 'em sprinkled with malt vinegar myself. I don’t have much to contribute in terms of sauce ideas, but I wanted to let you know I’m drooling all over the keyboard. I love me some fried green tomatoes! You’ve got a lucky friend.

When I made fried green tomatoes the other day, I needed a sauce and mixed together… maple syrup and Sriracha. :eek:

I figured the FGTs were sour and salty so they should be balanced with something sweet and hot. I thought it was good, but I wouldn’t serve it to any guests - they’ll just look at you funny.

I like lemon pepper balsamic vinaigrette with a hint of A1, personally.