I dream almost exclusively in text. Creative writing isn’t something I do so much as something that happens to me, and most of my writer-type friends say that it must be really cool. Actually, I agree with my artist-type friends, who think it must be really damn annoying to dream in a medium, since you wake up and try to remember it, and as close as you get you never get it quite as good as it was in the dream.
I stay on really good terms with my exes. We’re friends first and tend to stay that way even after things don’t work out.
I jam gaydars. Badly. Actually, the only ex I’m not on really good terms with broke up with me because I jammed hers; she was convinced I was bound to leave her for a guy eventually.
I don’t like to keep groceries on hand. Rather, I walk to the grocery store every few days to pick stuff up. This doesn’t mean much right now, since the grocery store is just down the block, but it was pretty strange when it was a mile and a half away.
I’m a stander. I work at a standing desk. When people say “Sit down, make yourself comfortable,” I usually have to remind myself that standing up all the time makes people nervous.
My standing desk is the only piece of particleboard I own. I would rather deal without a piece of furniture for a month or two than buy a particleboard one, but a good standing desk costs upwards of $1000, so I bought a Jerker from Ikea, because that neurosis is stronger than this one. I still plan to replace it in a few years.
Along the same lines, I refuse to wear a quartz watch. Digital, automatic, winder, or nothing.
FormerMarineGuy, counting to 1024 using your fingers is easy. Use binary code.