What members of the royalty have you seen or met in person?

I go to school with a pair of sisters who are some sort of Samoan nobility. I don’t know if they are princesses themselves, but their father is a chief and their aunt is a princess, as was their grandmother before her.

My mother went to school with the exiled crown prince of some Middle Eastern country whose family had fled to the US ahead of a revolution. She can’t remember what country it was now, though.

Lamia-the Iranian royal family-Prince Revi?

Barb and I attended St. George’s Anglican Church in Kingston, Ont., one Sunday. Unbeknownst to us, the service that day was an interfaith service for the Commonwealth Conference beginning that day at Queens U.

We sat two pews directly behind Prince Philip, who was there to ceremonially open the conference. (And when we got home, made the organist at our church, a rabid monarchist, insanely jealous of us.) :wink:

Queen Elizabeth, Princes Phillip, Charles and Andrew and Princess Anne. I shook hands with them after singing for them as part of the North of 60 Celebration in Yellowknife.

You know, I think that might be the one! I just looked up the Iranian royal family, and Iranian Crown Prince Reza seems to fit my mother’s description. His bio says he graduated from a different school than my mother, but now that I think of it I believe my mother said that he was a friend of her roommate in college, not that they were actually at the same school.

According to my mother, the prince was a very nice guy and not at all snotty, although she did not think it was fair that he was allowed to go out and have fun while his sisters were all kept at home.

I actually had a drink with Prince Charles, quite some time ago. He was the Navigator on board HMS Jupiter and my ship (US Navy Destroyer) was in the same port (in Scotland). I met one of the Jupiter’s engineering officers and was invited to their wardroom. IIRC, he was drinking a Gin & Tonic.

You must have missed, because I saw Liz and Phil when they came to Toronto a few years back.:wink:

I taught the son of the cousin of the Sultan of Brunei.
My student’s father was the Ambassador to Japan from Brunei.
Boy, do they give good end of the year gifts!!

I’m sure there were/are quite a few exiled Iranians of considerable wealth running around saying they are related to the Pahlavi family. Why not? How could you confirm or deny it when all the official records are probably still in Iran?

Well, My Mom saw Elvis once, does that count for anything? :smiley:

Ranchoth

Well, I was about 5 metres away from the Queen a few weeks ago when she came to Brissy.

Well, I am good friends with a girl who apparently went out with the crown prince of Jordan for 4 months, We had the King of Greece visit our school for a day but didnt get to see him except in a helicopter in the sky and apparently there were quite a few obscure royalty at my old High School (Geelong Grammar School)

I have a photograph I took of Queen Elizabeth returning to Buckingham Palace. She’s in a really dirty green LandRover–she’d been out doing some charit/meeting thingy. Wow.