What movie is Christmas incomplete without?

My new favorite classic is Olive, the Other Reindeer.

Way of the Gun

1947 version of Miracle On 34th Street
A Christmas Story
A Chistmas Carol
Alistair Sim or George C. Scott version, 1938 version in a pinch.
The “Night Of The Meek” episode of the Twilight Zone.

I used to make a point of watching a Marx Brothers movie after coming home from Midnight Mass for years. I still try to watch one every X-Mas Eve before going to sleep, even though I gave up religion years ago.

The Great Escape, every Boxing Day, a classic.

A christmas story
Christmas vacation
Trouble in paradise

The Alastair Silm version of A Christmas Carol
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (The Chuck Jones cartoon, of course)
Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol – the first and best Christmas cartoon TV special, pre-dating even Charlie Brown. (Disney’s From all of us…" doesn’t count – it’s an episode of their regular show.)

it’s a wonderful life

singing in the rain

the wizard of oz

casablanca

i know the last 3 aren’t christmas movies, but they always make me feel warm and fuzzy.

An American Christmas carol with Henry “Fonzie” Winkler…
No wait I meant A christmas Carol with Alsitaire Sim
and every Rankin and Bass Christmas special ever made!

Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas - cutest muppet thing ive ever seen

A Charlie Brown Christmas (or is it Merry Christmas Charlie Brown?)

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
The Christmas Story
So many…

The Sound of Music is on BBC EVERY Christmas.

Another vote for A Christmas Story

I used to love watching the Fat Albert Christmas special, but it hasn’t been on for ten or fifteen years…so Christmas has been a tad incomplete.

For me, it’s Laurel and Hardy’s “March of the Wooden Soldiers.” When I was a kid in New York, channel 11 (WPIX) always showed this on Thanksgiving, and somehow, in my mind, the holiday season officially began when I Saw “March of the Wooden Soldiers” on Thanksgiving Day.

In SPITE of the fact that the Bogeymen were obviously just guys wearing long-johns and plastic masks, they were STILL scary!

Amen…with razzleberry dressing.

Along with my other favorites that have been mentioned (Rudolph, Christmas Story, the Karloff Grinch), I have to mention A Muppet Christmas Carol.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I have had absolutely enough of A Christmas Story. I liked it fine for a while then some idiot had to go and program a 24-hour Ralphie marathon. 24 hours of piggy eating, father cursing, “you’ll shoot your eye out” sweetness! Gag!

BLASPHEMY!
Best Xmas movie ever made…still cracks me up every time!

Waiters singing at Chinese resteraunt “fa ra ra ra ra a ra ra ra” …
CLASSIC!

The Nightmare Before Christmas

I couldn’t agree more; I’m sick to death of that kid.

I’m going to be blasphemous and say I love the 1994 version of Miracle on 34th St. the best. Everything about that movie is gorgeous.

I also love the Rankin/Bass shows, my favorite being the one with Heat Miser and Snow Miser.

** a35362 **, did you know Target is selling Rudolph stuff this year and I believe you can get a Hermy the Elf bobblehead?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great movie but I’ve just had too freaking much of it.