What movie is Christmas incomplete without?

MST3K: Santa Claus

and

The Star Wars Holiday Special (AKA Wookiee Christmas)

are the only Christmas movies I have on tape.
Oh, wait–I forgot that I have Nightmare Before Christmas, too. Shows you my tastes.

Santa with Muscles Should play an integral part in everyone’s holiday plans.

Will Vinton’s Claymation Christmas doesn’t get the attention it deserves.
Grinch (Chuck Jones, of course)
Christmas Carol Mr. Magoo, Alistair Sim, Muppets and/or George C. Scott.

IAWL is great if you just skip George’s boring life and fast-forward to the fateful day.

Jack Frost 2
Feeders 2

No Christmas is complete without them.

I forgot all about “Christmas Vacation”,I love that movie.

Scrooged
Christmas Vacation
The original and non-colorized Miracle on 34th Street
How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I can’t believe only one person mentioned “The Nightmare Before Christmas”! That is such a great movie. And whenever I see it, I spend the next few weeks mumbling “This is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween…” under my breath. A little odd during Christmas, but still!

Superman II. Don’t ask.

There are a lot of worthy recommendations, but all I have to see are It’s a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story and I’m set.

The funny thing is that until a few years ago, I had written off It’s a Wonderful Life as hokey, but when I finally sat down and watched the whole thing, I realized what a good film it was.

A Christmas Story isn’t the best Christmas film out there, but with TBS/TNT playing it all the time, I have to watch at least one of its hundreds of airings. There’s just something about it that cracks me up, plus its portrayal of the 1940s is as picturesque as the Victorian Christmas images that we’re inundated with during the holiday season.

I guess I’ll be the frist, and probably only one, to pipe up with Scrooge no not Scrooged but the musical. I just have to find a damn copy of it somewhere. I guess I will also be watching Die Hard as suggested above and I may try out Jack Frost as well. I may watch a Christmas Story, if I can stand it that is.

“Everytime a bell rings, an angel gets it’s wings!” Every year, same movie, same old line, same old gag reflex.

“Mary Poppins”
“The Court Jester”

I try not to watch these movies during the year until late Xmas morning with my sons and nieces and nephews around me. It is such a joy. I remember the Cleveland affiliate playing the 2nd one during the holiday season and everything stopped so my sister and I could watch Danny Kaye’s hilarious romp. Aaaahhhh. 1960’s joy, the aluminum tree, Mister Machine walking around, A Major Matt Mason clutched in my little pajama’ed hand (thanks mom!) and “The Court Jester” on TV. All was right with the world.

“Batman Returns”.

Love the Christmas party dance scene between Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle.

“Killing kids. Don’t you think that’s a little…unhh?”

POW! “No, it’s a lot ‘unhh’!”

Add me to the A Christmas Story pile. Oh and we watch The Nightmare Before Christmas too.

Mr Magoo’s Christmas Carol.-THIS is the big daddy of them all. do not embarass yourselves by arguing otherwise.

Alistair Sims Christmas Carol.

Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer with burl ives.

Another favorite of mine is the Bloom County classic A Wish For Wings That Work(I think that was the title).

My Uncle Antoine for our Canadian friends.

Scrooged
The Santa Claus (can’t believe no one else mentioned this one. I just love when he gets his weenie whistle at the end)
It’s a Wonderful Life
Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
Charlie Brown’s Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas the cartoon though the other was OK too.
Nightmare Before Christmas

Has anyone seen The Santa Claus 2?

That’s The Year Without a Santa Claus. One of my favorites! The best parts were the musical numbers:

He’s mister White Christmas.
He’s mister snow.
He’s mister icicle,
He’s mister ten below.
“They call me Snow Miser.
Whatever I touch
turns to snow in my clutch!
I’m too much.”

and

He’s mister Green Christmas.
He’s mister sun.
He’s mister heat blister,