What movie line sticks with you for no reason?

From The Gauntlet…Clint is taking a motorcycle from a biker gang. The biker says, “HEY! that’s my chopper Charlie” and Clint pulls out his .44, this is my gun Clyde"

Also, some folks have quoted the “its just a bunny” line from the Holy Grail, but some of the best stuff from the scene was in the background. Eric says, “he made me shit me pants” then after the first attack by the rabbit, he says, “Did it again”

Finally,
“Who is he?”

“He’s the king”

“how do you know?”

“he’s not covered in shit”

“Lamb, you ran away. Naughty lamb.”

Drove me nuts! FOR FORTY YEARS! I kid you not!

Heard it as a child in the 40s but never remembered what it was from. Thought it was from one of the LASSIE ones so watched every one of those through the years. Nope!

About the age of 45 I watched an old MGM movie that I thought I’d never seen. MARGARET O’BRIEN’S first movie A JOURNEY FOR MARGARET. Smack in the middle of it there was this darling blonde, curly-haired little English boy—he’d lost his toy and then found it. YEE HAA!!!

To this day, MANY years later; I STILL have no idea why that line had impressed me so.

From Metropolitan:

“That was really embarassing. Thank you for including me.”

“Jane’s father is dead. Very suddenly last year.”
“How terrible. It must have been very hard on her.”
“Yes. It was tough on him, too.”

“Rick von Sloniker is tall, rich, good-looling, stupid, dishonest, a bully, liar, thief, and drunk; in short, highly attractive to women.”

Billy Bob Thorton in Sling Blade

“Aw right then.”

& “I’m reckonin’ to kill yew with it.”
Eddie Murphy in 48 hours

“TV’s changed, Jack.”
Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs

“Tell me Clorisse, are the lambs still screaming?”
&
“I ate his liver with some farva beans and a nice chianti.”
Jack Nicholson in The Shining
“Heeeeeeeeeeere’s Johnny!”

Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest

“Nurse Ratchett, I believe you should let us watch the ball game…”

The Dean in Animal House

“Son… fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.”

Lloyd Bridges in Airplane

“It looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
And finally…

Clint -

“Go ahead, make my day.”

“So tell me something punk, do ya feel lucky? - Well DO YA?”

Quint ( cackling as he delivers line )

-JAWS

The Man

-PULP FICTION

Spock

• Star Trek IV

Bill Murray

[quote]
Back off, man. I’m a scientist.**- Ghostbusters

Richard Dreyfuss

Close Encounters of The Third Kind.

Dr. Henry Jones

• Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Lauren Bacall

– I can’t remember , but I know it’s her first film. <sob>

“No, sheriff, I don’t think I’m gonna let you arrest us today.” Kurt Russell, Tombstone

“Ah’m yer huckleberry.” Val Kilmer, Tombstone

Clerks

“I’m the firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class…especially since I rule.”
“You know,come leaves streaks if you don’t clean it properly.”
“In light of this lurid tale, I don’t see how you can romanticize your relationship with Caitin. She broke your heart and inadvertantly drove men to deviant lifestyles.”
Chasing Amy

“What’s a Nubian?”

The whole monologue Holden says to Alyssa in the car but especially…

“There isn’t another soul on this fucking planet who has made me half the person I am with you.”

“Please know I am forever changed because of who you are and what you’ve meant to me.”

Personally, I am a sucker for any line of techno-babble or any such complicated speech as delivered by Dan Aykroyd. The man’s a master at the tongue-twisters. Examples:

“Well, the Chinese were only using a simple polyphonetically grouped 20-square digit key, transposed in Boustrophedonic form with multiple nulls. I cracked it with this.” - Spies Like Us

“Gozer the Gozerian: Good evening. As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activities and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.” -Ghostbusters

“I don’t care what undercover rock you crawled out from, there’s a dress code for detectives in Robbery-Homicide. Section 3-605.10.20.22.24.26.50.70.80. It specifies: clean shirt, short hair, tie, pressed trousers, sports jacket or suit, and leather shoes, preferably with a high shine on them.” -Dragnet

Also, these lines seem to stick with me:

“Say, Lou, did you hear the one about the guy who couldn’t afford personalized license plates, so he went and changed his name to J3L-2404?” -Marge Gunderson in Fargo

“I’m prepared to scour the earth for that motherfucker. If Butch goes to Indochina, I want a nigger hidin’ in a bowl of rice, ready to pop a cap in his ass.” -Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction

“This? This is ice. This is what happens to water when it gets too cold. This? This is Kent. This is what happens to people when they get too sexually frustrated.” -Chris Knight in Real Genius

“Yippie-ki-yay, motherfucker!” -John McClane in Die Hard

“Careful? Was my mother careful when she stabbed me in ze heart with a clothes hanger while I was still in ze womb?” The Mole in South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

“You know, I can’t think of nothing finer than a fine naked woman holding a gun.” - Frankie Figs in The Whole Nine Yards

And now for one I’ve heard, but I don’t know where it’s from. It sticks with me, too:
“Saxophones?! You gotta fucking be kidding me!”

That’s just a few; If I gave you the whole list, we’d be here for hours. I have a knack for identifying lines from movies, and that causes nearly every memorable movie line to stick with me.

We can discuss sexism in survival situations when I get back.
-Laura Dern (Jurassic Park)

From The Terminator:
Get out.

• the Terminator (also said by the T-1000 in T2, but it sounds better coming from Arnold)

From Demolition Man:
What’s your boggle, citizen?

• museum staff person

From John Carpenter’s Vampires:
That’s it Padre, fuck with 'im!

• Jack Crow

From The Princess Bride:
STOP SAYING THAT!

• Count Rugen

From John Carpenter’s The Thing:
I don’t know, 'cause they’re different from us!

• MacReady

From Conan the Barbarian:
Contemplate this…on The Tree of Woe.

• Thulsa Doom

Well, sir, I’ve been thinking about this quite a lot. I don’t want to buy anything, sell anything or process anything as a career. I don’t want to buy anything sold or processsed, sell anything bought or processed, or…process anything sold, bought, or processed. Or repair anything sold, bought or processed. You know, as a career, I just don’t want to do anything.

I have it as an MP3. I love, love, love that movie. As a side note, I work with a guy named Lloyd, and I call him the aforementioned whenever he amuses me.

As for my random picks: from * What About Bob * “I’m SAILING!!!”

From * Holy Grail *
Father: One day, all this [gestures widely] will be yours.
Son: What, the curtains?

My sister and I do this quite often when referring to small apartments, tiny houses or the like.

From * A Philadelphia Story * (Hepburn)
Kate: I’m going crazy. I’m standing here solidly on my own two hands, going crazy.

there’s oodles more, but those are the randomest.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by SwimmingRiddles *

Moron-girl. That’ll teach me to preview. It’s “You know, as a career, I just don’t want to do that.” Lloyd may be a slacker, but he’s not THAT bad.

For some reason, after seeing this movie a few weeks ago, my friends and I can’t stop repeating this line,

“Blue monkey! Blue monkey!”

(the movie is evolution, by the way.)

Torch Song Trilogy:
Bertha: Just wait till you see my act. Bertha Venation and her Dance of the Virgin.
Murray: Which she does COMPLETELY from memory.
Bertha: Bitch!

Casablanca:
Louis: He puts it on the bill, I tear up the bill. It is very convenient.
Ilsa: Of what value is that?

(I say “It is very convenient” and “Of what value is that?” all the time.)

Animal House.
Bluto (Belushi) has just grabbed the guitar away from the pathetic folksinger and smashed it to a pulp. He hands it back and says:
“Sorry.” I loved that.

Tootsie:
Bill Murray: “I think we’re getting into a weird area here.”
Start Trek 4: (someone correct me, I’m paraphrasing…)
Kirk is explaining the use of obscenity. “Read the authors of the time. Jacqueline Suzanne. Harold Robbins.”

Spock: “Oh yes. The giants.”

Flounder: “I can’t believe I threw up in front of Dean Wormer.”

Boone: “Face it man, you threw up on Dean Wormer.”
Another Animal House,
Bluto: “Did the Americans give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”

Otter: “Germans?”

Boone: “Forget it, he’s on a roll.”

A League of Their Own
“Are you crying?? There’s no crying in baseball!

The Outlaw Josey Wales
“Dyin’ ain’t much of a livin’, boy”

Do shorts count?
some Stooge flick
Curly: I was as pure as the driven snow…
Moe: Yeah, but ya drifted…smack

Number Six, I love you. I was beginning to think I was the only person who had ever seen Metropolitan, let alone liked it.

How about “I guess you could say it’s extremely decadent and vulgar. I like it a lot.”

Or “We know you’re a hypocrite. We know your Polly Perkins story was a fabrication, that you’re completely impossible and out of control with some kind of drug problem and a fixation on what you consider Rick Von Sloneker’s wickedness. You’re a snob, a sexist, totally obnoxious and tiresome, and lately you’ve gotten just weird. Why should we believe anything you say?”

“I am not tiresome.”

No, I didn’t memorize all that; I have the screenplay.

Sweet.

Guess what line I have for my Windows start up sound…

You can get it from this site if you like

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/deadalive/index.html

BTW, besides Jabootu, one of the best B-movie review sites going.

I always seem to get Brian Blessed’s voice saying:
“GORDON’S ALIVE?!?!?” from Flash Gordon.

And “My knees! Look at my knees!” from Eraserhead.

I worry myself sometimes…