What movie line sticks with you for no reason?

Movie “Diner”…

Kevin Bacon’s Character (Fenwick) to Mickey Rourke (Boogie)

“Did you ever get the feeling there is something going on that we don’t know about?”

Two city guys, after being out all night, are driving as the sun rises up a rural road, and Boogie, the driver, spots a girl riding a horse through a field along the road…he pulls over and stops her (balls) and engages here in small talk about horses. He inquires, “What’s your name?”…she, sitting on horse, replies, “Jane Chism…as in the Chism trail” and turns and rides away.

Boogie turns to Fenwick and remarks, “What fuckin’ Chism trail?”

Fenwick, looking over the top of the car pauses and remarks, “Did you ever get the feeling there is something going on that we don’t know about?”

I’m going on memory. Forgive me for any paraphrasing.

From “Moulin Rouge” (the real one with Jose Ferrer!):

Zsa Zsa Gabor – “Why did you tell him your father died of alcoholism? Didn’t everybody’s?”

From “42nd Street”:

Dumbass chorus girl, giving address: “39 Park Avenue.”
Other chorus girl: “And is her homework tough!”

From “Dinner At Eight”:

Jean Harlow – “You know I was reading a book . . . and it said that in the future, machines were going to take over all the work and do everybody’s jobs!”

Marie Dressler – “My dear, in your case, I wouldn’t worry.”

From my most favoritist movie, ever… and there were so many cool lines I don’t know why this one always comes to mind:

“We’re in the pipe five by five.”

(My sig is from the same movie, and another quote I use a lot.)

Dead Alive
Father McGruder: I kick ass for the Lord!
Lionel: Party’s over.

I have to second the “big nasty pointy teeth” from Holy Grail. I like doing the little hand motion too.

Others…

“You’d like to think that, wouldn’t you?!” - Vizzini in The Princess Bride. I use it a lot.

“And your faith in your friends is yours!” - The Emperor from Return of the Jedi. It’s just cool how he says it.

Caddyshack still rules most film sets. Other movies have their moments in the sun, Ferris being one of them. But, for sheer volume, NOTHING beats Caddyshack

Come and loofah my stretchmarks !

So, you have a pool there, right? Yeah, I’ve got a pool and a pond, Carl…pond’ll be good for you.

" Cinderella story, came out of nowhere…now, about to win the Masters".

" No offense, but if I kill all the golfers on the course, they’ll lock me up and throw away the key." " I SAID GOPHERS YOU IDIOT". “Not my fault nobody can understand you”.

" I don’t play golf…with people…for money…" " What are you- RELIGIOUS? "

“Denny?”
Danny.
“Danny? You take drugs?”
Yes sir, every day.
“Good”.

" It’s a blend of Northern California Sensimilliana and Kentucky Bluegrass. The great thing about this is, you can play 9 holes on it in the morning, then smoke the bejesus out of it in the afternoon".

And, of course, there’s **Spinal Tap[b/], which runs a close second. On live concert shows, that movie is KING.

" Nice seeing you guys, I have to go to the lobby and wait for the limo. Bye".

" You can’t really dust vomit, can you?"

" It’s a blend, of Mozart and Bach, sort of a Mach. I call it, ‘Lick My Love Pump’ …"
" Don’t touch the guitar. NO- don’t even LOOK at it."

" He died in a bizarre gardening accident".

" This is my new special friend, and my other new special friend…what is your name again? "

man, I love that film. :smiley:

Cartooniverse

Nice coding there, huh? I went to night school for TWELVE WEEKS to learn screwed up coding like that. Damned proud of it, too :smiley:

A couple more from my youth:

From “Strange Brew”:
“My brother and I used to say that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Now he’s not here, I’ve got two soakers… This isn’t heaven, this sucks!”

From “Airplane”:
“Joey - you ever seen a grown man naked?”

From The Blues Brothers:

Elwood: “It’s 106 miles to Chicago. We’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark, and we’re wearing sunglasses.”
Jake: “Hit it.”

From Casablanca (paraphrased):

Rick: “Why are you closing me down?”
Insp. Renault: “I’m shocked–shocked–to find that gambling is going on here!”
(Somebody comes from gambling tables and hands Renault an envelope.)
Somebody (to Renault): “Your winnings, sir.”

From The African Queen (paraphrased):

Rose: “Mr. Allnutt! Mr. Allnutt!”
Charlie Allnutt: “Still here, miss. There ain’t many places I can go on a thirty-foot boat.”

In this world, my friend, there are two kinds of people - those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

(from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly)
This is it , guys. Nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Rooskies…

(Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove)

Run away!!! Run away!!!
She turned me into a newt!..Well, I got better…
And who might you be, so learned in the ways of Science?
(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

From Arthur:

“Bathing is such a lonely experience. Except for fish.”

I don’t want to buy anything. I don’t want to sell anything. I don’t want to buy anything that’s been bought or sold - John Cusack, Say Anything (this is not verbatim, I may have been in an altered state while viewing the film, I think he also uses the word “processed” in there somewhere)

Lloyd, Lloyd, null and void - friends of John Cusack in Say Anything

Birdy num nums - Peter Sellers, The Party

“Muthapussbucket” - Dan Ackroyd in {i]Ghostbusters*

“That’ll leave a mark” - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy

“Mein Fuehrer! I can walk!” - Peter Sellers in *Dr. Strangelove[sub]or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb[/sub]

“I’m proud of you, Joe. You finally figured out that the girl in your head isn’t the girl in your heart.” (old man) If Lucy Fell

“Hell does not always look like hell. On a good day, it can look a lot like L.A.”(Eugene) Playing God

“Don’t say we’re not right for each other, Because as I see it we might not be right for anyone else.” -(Doug) The Cutting Edge

" Frankly put sir, he’s throwing boxes of shit at the guests."(?) Road to Wellville

“I know your true passion theory about two people destined to be together, but we can’t all be filled with that much faith, trust and emotion. It just means if you have someone you’re not alone. You’re not going to find that in some fairy tale romance. Sometimes you have to sit through low times where you don’t necessarily feel overwhelmingly, totally in love all the time.”- (Jake) The Myth of the Fingerprints

" There’s no #$%@ing pig in the kitchen!- (Mathilda) The Professional

“Warren: Why don’t you take these CD’s and shove them up your ass?
Lucas: Becasue it would hurt a lot, Warren.” - Empire Records

" Nicole: Who are we making jealous now?
Chase: Everyone, Nicole." - Drive Me Crazy

“Courtney: Why do we all have to diet?
Sparky: Because! In cheerleading we throw people into the air. And fat people don’t go very high.” - Bring It On

“Keenan: What did I ever do to deserve you?
Joan: Usually that line is screamed at me by someone running out the door, not by someone standing in front of me and staying. It makes for a nice change.”- Playing By Heart

“We should have shotguns for this.” -(Vincent) Pulp Fiction

“Life is like a movie. Only you can’t pick your genre.”-(Billy Loomis) Scream

" You should have let me die!" (Seth) Skeletons in the closet

“Gay men are so hot. It’s tragic.”-(Claire) Go

“Death to the demoness Allegra Geller!”-(Ted) eXistenZ

Goldfinger:

“Do you expece me to talk?”

“No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to DIE!”

from The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension:

“Laugh-a while you can, monkey boy!”
“Buckaroo, I don’t know what to say. Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named ‘John’?”
“It’s your hand, Buckaroo”

From “Hook” with Dustin Hoffman as Captain Hook:

"And I hate, I hate, I HATE Pehtah Pan!

“We’re on a mission from Gahd.” -The Blues Brothers

“Now that is a tasty burger.” -Pulp Fiction

“Would you like some…pee-za?” -Home Alone 2 (for some reason, things sound so much more interesting being said by Tim Curry)

“We all float down here, Georgie.” -IT (see above)

“That’s what I hate about _______, all the damn vampires.” -Lost Boys

“Rrreeeeaaach into my pants.” -Mom and Dad save the World

“Hey, that’s Kool and the Gang.” Jules, Pulp Fiction
“Oh, I’m sorry. Did I break your concentration?” Jules, Pulp Fiction

From So I Married an Axe Murderer:
Heed!, Paperrrr!

From the Princess Bride:
Humperdinck, Humperdinck, Humperdinck!

From Monty Python’s Holy Grail:
Nit!
Run Away! Run Away!
(but only because I used to own one of those killer rabbits)