The greatest lines in film history?

Based in part on this list, jointly produced by the British Library and BBC Radio London:

[quote]
[ul][li]1. “You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off” - The Italian Job; [/li][li]2. “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” - Gone with the Wind; [/li][li]3. “We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now” - Withnail and I; [/li][li]4. “You talkin’ to me?” - Taxi Driver; [/li][li]5. “I love the smell of napalm in the morning” - Apocalypse Now; [/li][li]6. “I’ll have what she’s having …” - When Harry met Sally; [/li][li]7. “All my life I wanted to be a gangster” - Goodfellas; [/li][li]8. “I do wish we could chat longer. But I’m having an old friend for dinner” - Silence of the Lambs; [/li][li]9. “Infamy, Infamy, they’ve all got it in for me” - Carry on Cleo; [/li][li]10. “He’s not the Messiah - he’s a very naughty boy” - Life of Brian.[/ul][/li][/quote]
Yes, I know it’s a very British-oriented list, so let’s avoid the “I can’t believe they put that line there!” arguments. What, though, would you vote for as the greatest single lines in film history? Me, I’m a Withnail and I fan, so I’m torn between “I mean to have you, boy, even if it must be burglary!” and “As a youth, I used to weep in butcher’s shops.”

What’s yours, then?

“Those Negroes stole our dates” ANIMAL HOUSE

One semi-obscure line that’s always stuck with me for some weird reason:

“I have seen starships on fire off the shores of Orion”.

I’ll see if any dopers can come up with the movie.

Blade Runner.

“I said across her nose, not up it”

ooo wait
“I’m surrounded by assholes”

Drugstore Cowboy: “You won’t fuck me, and I always have to drive.”

Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?

“Chatty Kathy, clip your string.” - Gross Pointe Blank

"YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

Actually, now that I think about it I should’ve also added a “favourite lines from films that were never actually said” section.

See, that way I could’ve had Michael Caine’s (non) line from Zulu, “Don’t chuck them bloody spears at me!” and Harrison Ford’s “He only had one arm!” (The Fugitive). I was crushed to discover that my memory was wrong and that Ford doesn’t actually say that line.

“How the Hell do I know why there were Nazis? I don’t even know how the can opener works.”

-Hannah and her Sisters

“I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum… and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

The stilted delivery just adds to it.

“I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse.”
“And you will KNOW my name is THE LORD when I lay my vengeance upon thee!”

I can’t believe I’m the first with this one!

“Well, nobody’s perfect” – Some Like It Hot.

“Do you not know that King Kong the first was just three foot six inches tall? He only came up to Faye Wray’s belly button. If God could do the things that we can do he’d be a happy man.” - The Stunt Man

the matrix: ‘my name is neo.’

lotr fotr: ‘you shall not pass!’ ‘i would have followed you, my brother, my captain, my king.’

lotr ttt: ‘you’re late. you look terrible.’ (paraphrased)

rexnervous is it from Event Horizon? When Laurence Fishburne (Why do I always think it should be “Fishbourne”?) is talking about fire in space?
For my favorite, I’d have to go with the line I hear most in actual conversations:
Walter’s “Am I wrong?” from The Big Lebowski, but solidly half the dialogue from that film could be mentioned here.
Or, from Reservoir Dogs
Mr Pink: Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Joe: Cause you’re a faggot!

“Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown.”

Also from Chinatown: “I’m respectable 'cause I’m old. Politicians, ugly buildings and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.”

“You’re not too smart, are you? I like that in a man.” – Body Heat

“Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close-up.” – Sunset Boulevard

BUTCH: “Is that what you call that giving cover?”
SUNDANCE: “Is that what you call running? If I’d known you were gonna stroll…”

The Wizard of Oz

Toto, I don’t think we’re in Kansas any more.

Be gone, before somebody drops a house on you!

Very well, I’ll bide my time. But just try and stay out of my way. I’ll get you my pretty and your little dog, too! (evil cackle)

Click your heels together, 3 times and say “There’s no place like home.”