What movies have you actually walked out of?

Only once have I actually walked out of a movie theater in protest. It was Epic Movie, and it was just so painfully lame and unfunny that the wife & I decided we were wasting our time, so we left and went to the diner across the street to get desert.

What movies have driven you to literally walk out of the theater, and why?

Reign of Fire. Less because of the movie and more because of an argument with my girlfriend of the time and the friends I was with. The movie sucked though.

Starship Troopers. The only one.

I would have walked out of Transformers, but it was a date.

I have come close to walking out of movies, but have so far always decided to stick it out another hour. I guess the closest was the original Scary Movie, which I cannot remember why the Mrs. and I selected, and after about 20 minutes we realized that it was aimed at an audience half our age that had watched nothing but slasher films. We sat it out anyway as an exercise in anthropology, watching the audience react to incomprehensible setup jokes and cameos.

I have switched off DVD movies and sent them back to Netflix or whomever. Many. But of course the investment is so much less there.

I walked out of Fly II, Wild Wild West and Men at Work. The odd thing is I was actually enjoying Men At Work but decided that this was as funny as it was likely to get and I should leave.

The first movie I ever walked out of was Charles Bronson’s “Mr. Majestyk.”

I was about 18 at the time, and it made me feel remarkably “grown up.” It made me feel, for the first time, that I was in control of my life.

Since then, the only other movie I’ve walked out on was Leaving Las Vegas.

Yeah, it pretty much peaked at “Aw, somebody thew away a perfectly good white boy.” :smiley:

I don’t think I’ve ever walked out of a movie, because BY GOD I PAID FOR IT AND I’M GOING TO GET MY MONEY’S WORTH!

But I almost walked out of Caligula, with Malcom McDowell and other prominent actors/actresses. I was fascinated by how sick it was, and wondered just how much worse it could get. I still should have left though.

Phenomenon - not really even sure why I was seeing it; must not have been anything else playing I hadn’t seen. Anyways, I left about halfway through because it was just terrible and I didn’t really give a shit what happened in the end.

I got up to leave Braveheart at least 3 times, not because I hated it, but rather because I just though it was over. But it just… kept… going…

Movie: Scarface
Reason:chainsaw

Moment to Momentt (Travolta, Tomlin 1978)
wretched

Glengarry Glen Ross (1993)
My wife and I were on a romantic getaway, and GGR was way too depressing.

The Lord of the Rings (2001)
In college I couldn’t get through the first 20 pages. In the theater, I couldn’t last even that long.

Hercules In New York

Supergirl I was watching it for free so I had noting invested in it.

Henry and June, intermission is a bad idea in a movie this boring.

Boogie Nights. I only gave it about 15 minutes, but those were the longest 15 minutes of my life.

Did you really see that in the theater?

No, the longest 15 minutes would have been staying for the tacked-on ending. (IMVHO, the movie should end after the long, long close-in on Dirk’s face, at the drug dealer’s house. What follows is unraveling trash and tinsel.)

The remake of the the Out of Towners with Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn. Neil Simon script, John Cleese in a supporting role - what could go wrong. Plenty.

One of those Eddie Murphy movies where he plays several different (but pretty much exactly the same) characters. It may have been the first one where he did it, which I think was The Nutty Professor (a travesty of a movie when you think of the original. The original wasn’t art or anything, but it was still great fun without being disgusting.) We managed halfway through the movie before we were so disgusted we had to leave. It was awful.

Xanadu (with Olivia Newton-John).
I was 12. My Mom made me take my 10 year old little sister. 20 minutes in I actually managed to convince her that walking around the mall and getting cokes, pizza, and cookies would be more fun.
Back then malls had video arcades so we got something to eat and dumped a bunch of quarters into PacMan and Space Invaders.

looking back on it, it was a good day.

None, that I can recall.

The only reason I didn’t walk out on Magnolia was that a friend was shooting a parody, and as cameraman I needed to get a feel for Tom Cruise’s character. Were it not for that, I would have left. Terrible film. I want my nine hours back.

Citizen Kane.

It was a uni filmsoc screening and the audio and video were at least 5 seconds out of sync. Totally unwatchable.

The Number 23.

Went to go see it with a friend. Halfway through, she wanted to leave. Looking back now, I think the whole outing may have been a potential date situation. Sadly, I was way too socially inept to realize it. :smack: