What? Noon already and no birthday thread?

That’s right, today is my 32nd birthday. I share this momentous occasion with:

[ul]
[li]Pearl S. Buck[/li][li]My Aunt Shirley[/li][li]Max Torque (Hi, Max!)[/li][li]The signing of the UN Charter[/li][li]Little Bighorn (aka Custer’s last stand)[/li][li]And some other stuff.[/li][/ul]

So far, I’ve gotten all five Harry Potter books, The Recruit on DVD, a black pearl necklace, and a Palm Pilot.

I’m gonna be busy for the next few weeks.

And a happy birthday to everyone else whose birthday it is today. :slight_smile:

Robin

Yikes! Well, it looks like a joke thread, but if you use the secret-decoder-ring function of the Palm Pilot, you’ll realize that the title of the thread I started earlier is actually “Happy Birthday. Ms. Robyn! And many happy returns of the day!”

You also share it with two of my relatives and one of my bosses.
Happy birthday, MsRobyn.

Many Happy Returns to you.

May Heaven’s Finest Blessings Shower Down Upon You,

Today and Everyday.

Apologies, twickster. I looked all the way to page 2 and didn’t see it. I guess I’m going blind in my old age. :wink:

Robin

Nah, no problem, I realize you older types have a hard time getting used to all the new technology – have Dave show you how the secret-decoder-ring function, ah, functions – very cool. (Yeah, like I’d use a Palm Pilot for anything other than a paperweight.)

Yay! Happy birthday, Robyn! Happy birthday, me!

So far, all I have is a couple of books: A Year At The Movies by Kevin Murphy and The Gallery of Regrettable Food by James Lileks. And I’m sure my girlfriend will have something lovely for me this evening.

Oh, don’t forget, it’s also the birthday of Abner Doubleday, reputed inventor of baseball! (yes, I realize that opinion is sharply divided on the subject, let’s not have a debate)

Happy Birthday, Robin.

I didn’t know you were so young!

Happy birthday to Robin and Max!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Have a smilie!

Happy Birthday, MsRobyn. Mine’s tomorrow! And, um, I’m a few (not too many) years older than you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MSROBYN!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAX TORQUE!!!

Approximate Phonetic Chinese Version of “Happy Birthday”: (thanks, Nathan!)

“Guung juuk nay fook sow yuen teen tsai, hing hong nay sun sun fie lok. Leen leen doe yao gum yut, suuy doe yao gum jzew, guung hay nay! Guung hay nay!!!”

Approximate English Translation of Above:

“Congrats on this good day of fortune, where we can all gather together. Wishing you a very happy birthday. Every year, this wondrous day arrives; Always, this wondrous time comes. Congratulations! Congratulations!”

Hope both of you have a great birthday! :slight_smile:

By the way, who is James Lileks? Seen the odd mention of him occasionally around here, but no idea who he is. Like, is he a cook / charlatan / musician… ?

According to my birthday list, there are at least three other people whose birthdays also are today:

hillbilly queen
manwithaplan
Sn-man

Hope everyone has a good one, and a rocking year to come!

F_X

There’s a birthday list???

Happy birthday to everybody!! Sounds like you got a great haul, Ms.Robyn – and I hope your girlfriend gives you a GREAT present, Max Torque! :wink: :wink:

Yeah, there’s a birthday list. :slight_smile: It’s mainly constructed from this thread, the various monthly birthday threads we have floating around here, and other birthday announcements on this forum.

F_X

Wishing you a great day, a great year and a great life.