What Programs Have You Stopped Watching?

Every single storyline on House of Cards that does not directly involve Kevin Spacey is boring. In fact, every single moment he is not on screen was terrible.

I hated the alcoholic guy running for governor. I hated his wife. I hated the black guy who is a lobbyist. I hated everyone who took the story away from the only interesting character, Frank Underwood.

I think I’m done with Jessica Jones. If I want to look at a sour alcoholic who doesn’t do much I have a mirror.

I stopped watching Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. One of the early episodes of Season 3 was on during a Democratic Presidential Debate, so we missed it, and though it’s recorded every episode since, I haven’t gotten back into it.

I’ve also stopped watching WWE, though I still have opinions about it and post in the SDMB thread.

Criminey…just about all of the new ones, in the last five years.

At best, it’s because I like them, but just not enough to make a point of trying to keep up a viewing schedule—and I have an erratic schedule, admittedly—or, at worst, I just lost interest. In the show, the premise, or the characters. The “eight deadly words,” as TV Tropes puts it, “I Don’t Care What Happens to These People.”

Maybe it’s some kind of generational thing—everything I try to test out gets so wrapped up in interpersonal drama, or bickering, or getting preachy or “oh, look how dark and gritty, and horrible this fictional world we’re making is! It’s more real that way!”

On the other hand, I’ve eagerly watched every episode of Attack on Titan so far. Maybe I just have screwy tastes.

She was unwatchable in Breaking Bad, and she’s unwatchable in this dog. The whole Goth thing is just boring.

What a weird thing to say about fiction. Yeah, dramatic TV dramas do tend to get wrapped up in… drama. That’s the point, son.

So… you prefer roses and sunshine? Or just the boring old “‘good guys’ always win and can never die no matter what because they’re the ‘good guys’” trope?

Blue Bloods. Anyone who is in the Reagan family is ultimately incorruptible and anyone who isn’t is worthless and weak. Every show ends with Sunday dinner and they all learn the true meaning of Christmas. Smarmy, much? And why does Marky Mark have a different accent than his siblings who he grew up with? Kinda like Bridget Moynihan, though.

Castle - I watched sporadically last season, but I dropped it completely a few weeks ago when Kate walked away. Ridiculous.

Suits - I liked some of the over-the-top antics, but then somewhere in season 3, it went too far.

Once Upon a Time - It wore out its welcome during the second season. That show should have been a one-season wonder.

The Vampire Diaries - How many times can one tell the same story?

I understood that reference. :smiley:

Gray’s Anatomy was a guilty pleasure for the first 2 or 3 seasons until it wasn’t a pleasure any more.

The Hawaii Five-0 reboot was silly but fun for a couple of seasons and then it wasn’t fun any more.

New Girl was my favorite sitcom in its first season, but after that it wasn’t new any more.

The Middle was mildly amusing for a few seasons, but now it’s closer to the bottom.

Reading through this thread made me realize how little TV I watch.

I didn’t recognize most of the titles, and the ones I did are so old…

The only show still running that I stopped watching somewhere along the line was The Simpsons. And that may have been 15 or more years ago.
Oh, and the first CSI. When Grissom left, the show’s other characters just couldn’t hold it together IMO. I know is formulaic, and that formula clearly works. And they have proven it by creating so many CSI spin-offs and other network shows that have the same basic template. People are very interchangeable, and CSI demonstrates that even when the main character leaves. They can put a Fishburn or Danson in and most fans keep tuning in.

I don’t think MASH would have survived without Alda, or All In The Family without O’Connor. That is what makes the CSI franchise so amazing.

[QUOTE=silenus;18940530 Survivor - Boring as hell when everybody knows what’s going on.[/QUOTE]

That’s a huge part of it, especially with reality competition.

It stops being fun/interesting to watch once everybody “knows”.

The only shows I can think of which are formula but the variables are always changing are Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen. Because of those variables, things always change…and they always catch somebody off guard.

Me too. I just read through this thread and although I’ve heard of most of the shows mentioned, I haven’t seen one episode of many of them. I chalk it up to having basic cable and no Netflix subscription.

A few people mentioned Castle. We watch the reruns every so often, but I’m “meh” on the latest episodes. To me it seems like they’re obviously stretching things in the “well, OK, we married them, we separated them, what else can we do?”

If I do watch TV, it’s usually either Discovery, FN, or Travel Channel.

Blue Bloods-I can’t believe that there is any crime left with this bunch on the job.

Major Crimes- I still like the crime part, but hate that kid and Sharon and her boy friend.

I stretched it out, first missing an ep here, and ep there, fast forwarding through things, missing a few more…then this season I just fuck this, I am outta here.

**Big Bang Theory. **I just don’t find it funny anymore.

Have given up everything except Ash vs Evil Dead and Modern Family. Keeping hoping for crossover episode…and hoping for new season of Alpha House. Instead of watching tv, I trawl [sic] the Straight Dope.

Yeah, I stopped watching when Chuck disappeared, too.

That’s a lie, I never stopped watching.

Then why the fuck did you post?

The only show we simply gave up on and stopped watching after being a fan is Glee. The first couple of seasons were great, the third okay, then it just got too damned silly.