What religion is this?

I was snooping on some people talking in the library today. Some grad student was complaining about a company that didn’t hire her because she couldn’t work on Friday and Saturday due to her religion. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Maybe Jewish? Many Jews observe the Sabbath from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. Depending on the job and shifts offered, that might preclude you from working those days.

Judaism? In Judaism, especially Orthodox Judaism, you’re not supposed to work on the Sabbath, which starts Friday at sundown and ends Saturday at sundown. Depending on your lattitude and the season, sundown can come pretty early, which can cause problems with working on Friday afternoons (especially if you have a long commute and have to get ready for the Sabbath).

She could be Jewish. She’d have to be home on Friday before sunset and then not work on the sabbath.

Is there any possibility she could be Jewish?

They’re well known for partying all Friday and then not being able to work Saturday because they’re too tired.

There’s some kind of Middle Eastern religion that starts with a J, I think. They have their sabbath from sundown friday to sundown on saturday. Anybody know what I’m thinking of?

Rhymes with “blueish”.

Could be 7th Day Adventist. They believe in not working on Saturdays as well.(Cite: Seventh-day Adventist Church - Wikipedia)

Hey, guys? Yeah, it’s me. Would you let me up? I’m having a little trouble breathing here at the bottom of the pile. :smiley:

Sounds familiar. Perhaps it’s the faith of the Hebrew people. Can’t think of the name right now; it’s got something to do with the name of the ancient land they once occupied, Judea.

Try posting this when there’s more people on, like on a Friday night. Maybe they can help describe what you’re talking about.

Aren’t these threads usually started late Friday afternoon?

I bet she can’t make a BLT worth a damn either.

In addition to Jewish or 7th Day, I’d suggest a branch of Armstrongism. There are several sects (Church of God, International; Intercontinental Church of God; Church of God Seventh Day, ect.) but most of them obey the Friday sundown to Saturday sundown Sabbath, as well as the kosher laws and OT feasts.

The Worldwide Church of God was the big one, but they’ve since moved mainstream.

Can’t work on Friday or Saturday? What is she, some kind of Druish Princess?

–FCOD

Funny, she don’t look Druish.

I know a guy that is Quaker and has similar restrictions. This is not true for all Quakers however.

Funny, you don’t look Druish.

She must be Orthodox Jewish. I’m surprised no one else has thought of that yet.

It’s not Santa-Rio, by Duran Duran?? :o

Maybe she’s just a lazy twat.

(Well, damn, at least it’s an original suggestion.)