What retro clothing would you like to see back?

Ah! Frock coats; of course. That’s a term that has obviously slipped my mind Ascenray.

And, Drsunflower1, good ideas.

Thanks folks

I don’t know if the clothes I wear are retro, but some of them have definitely gone out of style. I guess I wouldn’t mind if they all of a sudden became super-stylish and I became a fashion leader.

I was having dinner a little while back with a woman who has known me my entire life (because she’s my sister), but who I don’t get to see all that often these days due to geography and other stuff.

She was actually laughing at me because, as she said, everything I was wearing, without exception, was exactly the same as the clothes I wore in high school. Which was in the early to mid-seventies. Even including my glasses.

I’ve been wearing Dickies jeans, for women, just your typical fit in bootcut and straight leg.

Fashion mags predict the low rise jean is about to return, along with the exposure of the wearer’s ass crack that inevitably gets flashed. :frowning_face:

They claim there will be a return to 20s style exuberance after the rigidity of Covid isolation. Though that sounds okay to me, I really hope it is also 1920s class and fashion sense and not the crasser sort associated with showing off underwear labels or worse. Suggestion is sexier than display.

Count me as another who would love for capes and formal men’s hats to make a comeback.

(Basically, I’d be happy if men dressed more like my avatar).

You could always start here :wink:

I like the cloak idea. I have a couple.

Mens hats, especially real fedoras (not trilbies) (and to the idiot writer who based upon a handful a pictures on a dating site that men who wore “fedoras” were losers- first of all, those are trilbies not fedoras and did you actually meet those guys? Maybe they were great guys, real sweethearts, etc but didnt write good copy).

I have to admit I go my own way and pay little attention to fashion.

Those can be a good “sexy but casual about it” look on the right person.

Look, see Czarcasm and I can agree! :crazy_face: :astonished: :scream: :shushing_face:

I found jeans I like, that fit well, on Amazon years ago. I wear jeans every day I’m not wearing shorts.

When my jeans are getting ragged, I “BUY IT AGAIN”. I’ve done this so often that I get suggestions to buy new jeans right when I need new jeans. Same with soap, deodorant, toothpaste which I Amazon purchase in bulk.

Skimmers during the Season only, of course!

Amazon sells clothing that looks great online. Often the cut or quality of material is much less impressive than expected. Of course, buying known brands from respected merchants helps immensely.

Easy enough to get one from the people who cater to Civil War and Old West reenactors.

Sounds like you’re wearing it on the wrong appendages.

It wasn’t preworn. The fabric is stiff and feels heavy. Nice having pockets though. Jeans get better the more you wear them and I am sure this also applies to anything denim.

That tearing sound!

Are you the Phantom of the Opera?

Some people do say the mask makes me look better. :grin:

My fashion sensibilities most closely align with the way women dressed in the forties. The tailoring, the long skirts…it looks so classy to me. Of course, I also have a soft spot for the eighties, a decade in which I was actually alive. I really miss the boots I used to have, similar to this

I’m wearing a pair of shoes at the moment which badly need replacement, but nothing like them is being currently manufactured. It’s just a peep-toe pump, but the closest equivalents I find are on vintage sites. I guess I just have to wait until their time comes around again. If the fashion cycle would consistently be “good” every forty years, we should be due again…

Pfft…Air cane is way more useful.