What Search Terms Do I Need To Use To Find A Hobbyist Board, For Sale Website, etc. For A Very Specific Type Of Car?

I’m looking for ultra-high-mileage cars. I don’t mean like the Geo Metro (mass-produced by a major manufacturer), I’m talking about obscure European brands that have been imported into the US, or manufactured here in limited quantities, or manufactured by US manufacturers that have gone out of business, etc. Like the Reliant Robin (70mpg), the Solo Single (150mpg when battery is considered), etc. These cars are unique in multiple ways - some have a single front seat, some have three wheels, etc.

I’m also looking into homebuilt cars like this - like, some guy retrofitted his motorcycle into a highway-legal tuktuk, or whatever.

What is the term that describes this hobby?

You’re looking for forums on hyper-miling or eco-modding (with and without hyphens).

You mean ultra-high-fuel-mileage cars.

Ultra-high-mileage cars are ones that have already been driven many hundreds of thousands of miles. :wink:

Perhaps this message board will meet the OP’s needs. There may be others.

My search term for Google was:

message board best gas mileage cars

Search terms for production cars in the UK to use would be things like:

Economical cars (most economical cars)

Fuel efficiency cars (high fuel efficiency, highest fuel efficiency, most fuel efficient)

High MPG cars (highest MPG)

You will get loads of search results.

I suspect you know this but will note there is a difference between a US gallon and a UK gallon.

TCMF-2L

Sippers.