[QUOTE=melondeca]
I am always on the lookout for new music and this is a great place to find recommendations. My tastes are fairly diverse and I will listen to anything at least once.
Right at this very moment I am listening to the Screaming Trees but in the past hour I have heard the following: Anouk, Jethro Tull, Ill Nino, Sebadoh, Ani DiFranco, Holly Cole, Tom McRae, Blind Faith, Lisa Loeb, Interpol, K’s Choice, Dark New Day, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Folk Implosion, Linda Perry, Grace Slick, The Donnas, Bela Fleck, Dar Williams, Built to Spill, Less Than Jake, and Smashing Pumpkins.
Do you have any suggestions for what I should listen to next? New bands or old…try to sell me on one of your favorites.
[/QUOTE]
You like some eclectic female voices, so you might have some interest in my podcast. It’s at http://suspended-in-gaffa.com. There you can first take a look at the list of artists. On each show page you’ll see and can hear short audio clips of all the songs, so you can get a feel for what the music sounds like. If you want to continue, you can either download the entire show (each is roughly an hour long, and there’s no talking on the ones that are currently up so it’s pure music) or subscribe and get it via iTunes or your favorite RSS reader.
To hear streaming versions of the shows, SIG has a MySpace page too.
Right now it’s in limbo so I don’t know when new shows will appear, but there are 8 up already.