What souvenirs shall I bring you guys from my transdimensional raiding trip?

I came into this thread to ask for a Libby Burroughs continua device, but if that’s too much trouble, I could use a new Mr. Fusion.

Oh, and a box of Acme portable holes.

You want me to go to GOTHAM CITY? :eek:

Fine, but only because it’s you. But it’s gonna have to be the 50s Gotham, with the giant typewriters and whatnot. I’m way too big a sissy to go to anything after that whole Joker fish story.

Tak of the Bright Spear’s Bright Spear or
Agni’s backpack, goggles, glove and wand or
Shiva’s trident or
Sam’s ring of lightning elementals

from Zelazny’s Lord of Light

Thanks

Sklad, if you need near-infinite cargo holding capacity, you could always track down Arthur Dent’s “Thing your Aunt gave you but you don’t know what it is” a small, strange pocket-sized device that has infinite holding capacity and cannot ever be lost, you can throw it away in one reality, and when you return to your primary reality it will be there in your pocket again, you cannot rid yourself of it, luckilly it’s rather handy, aside from a small label that reads “Made in Ibzia” it has no markings or identifiers of any sort

find a Thing and you would have no limit on what you could loot…

Except for S’kat, clearly no one understands that half the purpose of the trip is to see what I can carry that is (a) worth having and (b) will fit into an unmodified duffel bag that was (c) stolen from David Banner just to be a dick. :smiley:

You don’t have to go to Gotham. Bruce Wayne goes all sorts of places and you can probably get the 'rangs on the black market (or ebay). Heck if you manage to catch Batman’s eye, just look pitiful and ask him for one for your ‘dear sick sister back home.’

So, store the duffel bag of booty inside the Thing, it’ll fit, and you won’t look like a transdimensional looter, it’s win-win :wink:

hmm, wonder what would happen if you tried to store a Thing inside another Thing…

What about a Gremlin egg? Or Oddjob’s hat? Or best of all, Rorscharch’s mask (washed, preferably)?

Ooh, I know. Can I have a genie bottle? With Jeannie included, of course.

Okay since you’ve nixed my other suggestions, how about you go visit the Culture and bring back a drone? Preferably one from SC…

Doesn’t matter. I am NOT going to contemporary DC-Earth with dimension-hopping tech. That’s just asking for trouble. But I’ll be happy to go to Earth-2 circa, oh, 1952 or so.

As Rufo’s Black Box is a no-go, would you be able to get me Capt Jacks Time Thingy (Dr Who Verse) from his wrist. It should be fairly simple as when he’s having sex with you, you can just remove it while he’s distracted.

I’ll wait for him to have sex with someone else, thanks. Or, even better, use that hypo I grabbed for the S’katser to immobilize him.

I doubt you will have long to wait. :slight_smile:

I’d like a babel fish, that hover board on Back to the Future II and Ash’s ‘boomstick’.

Also I think my girl would really like a tribble.

No way I’m bringing a tribble to this Earth. I LIVE here. The only reasonable course of action upon meeting a tribble vendor is to immediately kill all the tribbles he has on display, interrogate him as to the location of any other tribbles (via torture if necessary) and kill all those as well. After his entire stock has been massacred, you then kill the vendor as an example to others.

Ahh, I see that Sklad has Klingon blood, good! someone else that recognizes these little balls of vermin for what they really are…

…they are delicious when deep-fried though

They aren’t bad in stew either. Or stir-fry. Versatile meat and hardly any bones to worry about.

If you can find a cabbit that needs a home, I wouldn’t mind it. Failing that, a good copy of the Guide and a Thumb, since you’re passing through that neighborhood.
Failing that, a blaster and/or a lightsaber.
Failing that, uhm… Well, there was a bit of Kryptonian tech Supergirl sold to Batman, sort of a personal reset button that would reconstruct the owner with nanotech. If you can find it on Krypton, it’ll do, if you find the Waynetech version, it’ll do, too.
Failing that… eh, suit of Iron Man armor, doesn’t have to be that new, it’ll fit in a briefcase, as long as it’s past Mark II.

Oh, can you get me that thing Arthur’s aunt got him that he doesn’t know what it is? It fits in a pocket, I know.

Could you grab me a medical tricorder? It would make my residency so much easier.