What the hell movie is this?

I hate to post such trivial stuff in GQ, and apologies to the mods if this isn’t the right forum, but it has been bugging me for a while.

The only major plot point that I remember is that an asian man with a red tattoo of a dragon end up killing a kid in a conviniece store robbery. His mother witnesses this and gets a blue dragon tattoo (the yin to his yang or vice-versa) and proceeds to hunt him down by working in asian bars and the like. I’ve Googled the crap out of it, and still nothing descriptive about said movie. I’ve gotten a few “Man with the dragon tattoo” titles, but none of them seem right.

If it is findable, the Dopers will find it. At least if they give a crap. Maybe someone knows off the top of their head. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Blue Tiger sounds like your movie. Googled on “tattoo movie killed son revenge” and it was the first hit. Searching with “dragon” as a term is probably what foiled you.

The main problem you are having is the memory of the tatoos. Refigure those into tatoos of tigers and you get the Virginia Madsen vehicle of Blue Tiger (1994). Check IMDB for details. It sure sounds similar to what you are describing

Damn. Wasted a precious post being late. Must try to be speedier next year.

That made me laugh out loud.