what to do with Mint?

I made mojitos recently and now I have a whole bunch of mint still lying around. I don’t want to have to throw it out but I don’t really have any idea what to do with it - other than making more mojitos, but all the other ingredients for that are gone, most crucially the rum!

So dopers of the world, share with me your mint-based recipes!

Moroccan tea - steep regular green tea, add tons of sprigs of mint to the tea and sweeten; they tend to drink it VERY sweet but you can adjust accordingly. Great hot or cold.

Mint sauce. Loads of recipes online to choose from - it’s just a combination of mint leaves, vinegar, water and sugar. Ideal for roast lamb or mushy peas.

Mint jelly. Pretty much the same as the sauce, but with more sugar and with apples as well (for the pectin).

Raita. Basically, mix chopped mint with yogurt to make a sauce or dip to go with Indian food or kebabs.

I’m currently making a chocolate-mint liqueur.

My grandma makes mint iced tea, and I tried it for a party this summer and my friends went absolutely gaga for it.

Nothing exciting - almost exactly as Fried Dough Ho describes. I happened to make it with cold brew iced tea bags, and a syrup of 1c sugar/1c water. I put some leaves in the syrup while it was still hot, then put 1/2 of the sugar/mint mixture in the tea once it was done steeping. I put some more mint directly in the tea. The rest of the syrup went into another batch of tea.

warm mint tea with just mint and no sugar is a relaxing drink.

fresh mint leaves are good on the tongue.

Lamb chops with Mint and Garlic

Make 3-4 slits in one side of the chop and stuff mint leaves and slivers of garlic into each.
Roast in oven until done
Profit!! (or enjoy)

Tabbouleh. I can’t give you my recipe because I don’t use one; it’s one of those things where you learn the basic idea and then you can flex the technique to fit your personal preferences and what you have available. Here’s one of a million recipes if you need a starting point. I use a cucumber as well.

I second tabbouleh.

Or, roast a nice shoulder of something (lamb or pork) low and slow so it falls apart, along with some garlic and onions. Pull it. Mix it with pomegranate seeds and chopped mint. Very tasty.

Pretend it’s May and Kentucky Derby time! Make mint juleps.

Mint and peas go fabulously together. I like to boil some macaroni and with five mins to go, throw in a bag of frozen peas. Finish cooking, drain, then mix in a whole bunch of mint leaves and butter/pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan. Yum! Really easy and tasty.

Mint tea is the easiest thing in the world. Dry the mint. Then, when you want to make tea, put mint leaves in the tea strainer. That’s it.

Make Chicken Tikka!

Tomato and mint salad. Ingredients: tomato and mint.

Mint lemonade, of course.

My favourite mint recipe is slightly more complicated than the rest, but it’s so tasty it’ll make up for the increase in work.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000000630135

Though I should have said more about what it was - Chicken Salad with Nectarines and Mint Vinaigrette.

Need more info - can you link to a recipe, please?
:smiley:

You’re missing the point. What you need to do is go out and buy more rum.
Soon you’ll have rum, but no mint. So then you buy some mint.

If you’re doing it right, you’ll quickly have mint but no rum, and the beatiful cycle of Nature repeats.

My post is my cite!!!

Chop it up and mix it into hamburgers.