What toiletries do you stockpile/provide for guests?

My mother always provides guests in my parents house with lots of toiletries. Besides the obvious like, toilet paper, soap and shampoo, she keeps fresh conditioner, moisturising cream, shaving cream and razor, toothpaste, toothbrushes and mouthwash. Since her retirement she has also started keeping antacids, aspirin. She buys in bulk, stores somewhere and places the stuff in the guest room when people stay over.:eek:

What stuff do you normally provide guests? I thought what my mother did was normal until I moved out and flatmates started giving me looks when I bought fresh soap for houseguests.

*One the bright side, I have learnt if I go to my parents place just after their guests have left, I can help myself to some free shaving cream.:wink:

There would always be a bar of soap in the shower, a bottle of shampoo, and maybe conditioner (we don’t use it.) I have toothbrushes and toothpaste in case they’re needed. If someone was close enough that I’d have them sleep in my house, I’d like to think they’d be close enough to ask for whatever they needed.

Guests?

But all kidding aside, we have bags of toiletries we bring back from various higher-end hotels. Wynn Las Vegas, especially. So a guest will likely find TP, soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash, razor, shave cream, aspirin, Midol, tampons, panty liners, moisturizing lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, mints on their pillow and slippers by the bed.

Since we shun guests, all of that stuff gets boxed up and given to the local Women’s Shelter or my school’s Free Boutique.

My mother kept a guest closet that would rival most department stores. I usually keep it down to a basket filled with various unused hotel toiletries. Back when I used to buy a lot of clothing in bulk for donation to the local homeless shelters, I would keep one of each size sweatsuit, pajamas, and long johns, along with socks and t-shirts and simple sneakers. When my Dad had a house with a pool he even kept a set of swimwear in every size from toddler to overgrown grown-up. He also had ice skates in various sizes for use on the pond in Winter.

The items were rarely used, but when Irish guests were shocked by the January weather, it was nice to be able to offer them an extra layer.

Wife has some fancy towels and pretty bars of soap stashed somewhere. Nothing else special for the guests that I know of.

My guest room is stock piled with toiletries–everything you can think of. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, tooth brushes, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, sunscreen, aspirin, motrin, antacid, you name it!!

A house down the street.

Or a hotel in town?
I will share my shit but really no one wants to stay at my house. It’s too far away from everything. My older Daughter and her kids come but they usually camp out at my son’s house so all the kids can play together.

I have pretty much anything a guest could want, assuming they’re male. My apartment is small, 520 sq feet, and there’s only one bathroom. But, I have extra toothbrushes. They’re not expensive. Guests are usually surprised by my collection of cologne, I have a subscription service and I get a small bottle of a different one every month so I’ve got a selection that would rival a nightclub bathroom!

Generally, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel/nice soap, new disposable razor, variety of otc medicines, feminine products, extra toothbrush, etc.

I have a wide variety of bathroom sundries available. but my guests are very choosy about such things and always bring their own.