What TV Series Would You Buy?

I’m already $150 into my Buffy investment.

Live action:

Soap
Get Smart
WKRP in Cincinatti
The Muppet Show
Sledgehammer!
Star Trek (just the original)
Mork & Mindy (well really just the first season. It sooo went downhill after that)

Already have Python

Anime:
The one I am waffling on ordering but do want is
Kimagure Orange Road

Already have way too many - the three I grabbed the second they were available were:

Magic Knight Rayearth
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Irresponsible Captain Tylor

The one I’d like to see released (and I am not making this title up)

All Purpose Cultural Cat-Girl Nuku Nuku

I really want Daria on DVD. If it’s ever released, I will grab it up. But the titles I would eventually like to own that are or soon will be released (all anime, actually) are:

Cowboy Bebop
Yami no Matsuei (in January! I’m happy)
Card Captor Sakura

Of course, I wouldn’t turn down Blackadder or Monty Python either.

I have SpeedRacer. Bought them as a series a long time ago. If you want copies let me know. Cost ya the postage. I’d charge ya for the tape, but I just couldn’t do it to a fellow Buckeye (you ARE a Buckeye, aren’t you?).

email jamesdcarroll@hotmail.com with a subject line that doesn’t include “hot”, “wet”, “young”, etc and I’ll be more than happy to help out a fellow Buckeye (you ARE a Buckeye, aren’t you?).

Cupid
Farscape
Simpsons
Monty Python’s Flying Circus
Blackadder
Picket Fences (no, seriously)

I am not the kind of person who watches TV episodes too many times but I would ,at least, consider the following if the price was right:

Seinfeld
Yes Minister/Prime Minister
Cowboy Bebop
Crest of the Stars
(the last two are anime)

Already own:

The Prisoner (taped some of them from PBS; bought VHS copies of the rest)
The Simpsons (taped them all myself)
Futurama (ditto)
Larry Sanders (ditto)
MST3K (about half of them)
**Freaks & Geeks ** (bought the uncut masters on EBay. Worth every penny.)
Would Love to Own:

Homicide: Life On the Street (oh please someone put this out)
MST3K (the half I don’t have)
Upstairs Downstairs (If I had $300 laying around - ha! - I’d buy the DVD set)
Daria
St. Elsewhere
Popular

I’ve got all the Buffy seasons that are out commercially, and I’ve got every episode on tape. I’d also buy Pete & Pete and Invader ZIM, given the chance, but we’ve taped all the ones that have aired (except I’m missing the Christmas P&P, the one with the garbageman - I have high hopes for this month’s shows on Noggin).

The Avengers (Young Diana Riggs in leather cat suits!!!)
The Muppet Show
The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Bugs Bunny Show (AKA The Bugs Bunny/Roadrunner Show)

Anybody remember ‘Millienium’?
I’d take a dvd of that series in a heartbeat.

I’ve already started Star Trek: The Next Generation (have up to season 3). Don’t know if I’ll get other ST series if they come out. It gets kind of expensive.

Speaking of expensive, I want to get Law & Order, but with some 15 seasons or so, that’ll really take a bite out of my wallet!

I already have all the Monty Python episodes on VHS (dammit – bought 'em before DVD came out!). I’d like to get full seasons of Doctor Who, but only one full season is out (the “Key to Time” one) – all the rest are individual stories, which brings us back to rather expensive…

To those few (amongst which I would count myself) who mentioned the Muppet Show, I just saw last night that TimeLife is putting out 30 episodes on vhs/dvd in a 10 volume set. Get yours for $100.

Did I miss something, or has no one said the Sopranos? I not only would, but have bought three seasons of that.

I am going to buy Coupling, which was alluded to earlier. That has to be one of the funniest shows ever. It comes out next month on DVD.

I am also anxiously awaiting Twin Peaks, Seaon Two, but I wish they would get over themselves and release a decent Pilot edition for the show instead of that raunchy bootleg (I assume) edition that is floating around.

As for a show that is not on DVD (I don’t think), I would like to see Magnum P.I. I just love that show!

I’d buy:
[ul]
[li]Adventures of Pete and Pete[/li][li]Rocko’s Modern Life[/li][li]Aeon Flux[/li][li]Absolutely Fabulous[/li][li]Alexei Sayle’s Stuff[/li][li]'Allo 'Allo[/li][li]All of the original Monty Python episodes[/li][li]On The Air (very short-lived David Lynch TV series; 3 episodes aired, 7 were made)[/li][li]Millenium[/li][li]Space: Above and Beyond[/li][/ul]

Let’s see.

[ul][li]Cupid[/li][li]Sports Night[/li][li]Buffy[/li][li]West Wing[/li][li]B5[/li][li]The Muppet Show[/li][li]Fawlty Towers[/li][li]Firefly[/li][li]Highlander[/li][]Barney Miller*[/ul]

The Larry Sanders Show
The X-Files IF THERE IS COMMENTARY, (I never got my hands on those DVD’s, any good)
The Twilight Zone
Ren & Stimpy
Daria
Beavis and Butt-head
Maybe Rocko’s Modern Life
Maybe Married: With Children

Buffy
Angel
The Bob Newhart Show
The Rockford Files
Animaniacs
Pinky & the Brain
Northern Exposure
Homicide: Life on the Street
Home Improvement
The Muppet Show

Space: 1999 is the only TV series I have. I think I might like to have Star Trek TOS, but it’s not very high on my list of things to spend hundreds of dollars on. Everything else that’s on TV, or ever has been on TV isn’t good enough for me to have hard copies of at my fingertips.

Maybe the Simpsons.

Quantum Leap. I didn’t watch it when it was in production
–discovered it later on. Unfortunately, as far as I know, it is not available as a whole boxed set. I’ve found only a few episodes on VHS floating around.
:frowning:

Is that for certain? The last time I looked into Trek’s DVD deals, there weren’t any specific plans for any series other than TNG coming out… not even TOS, which I found rather odd.

If it’s true, then I MUST own DS9 at my earliest convenience.

Best. Trek. Ever.