What TV Series Would You Buy?

No it’s not. Season six came out last month, in keeping with the November/May release dates. Season** 7 **comes out in the spring. Unless your location isn’t really GA (and you live outside the US) you should be able buy it tomorrow if you wanted to.

I’m working on The X-Files (Santa will probably bring me season six) and Buffy The Vampire Slayer right now.

If they came out on DVD, as complete seasons, I’d probably also buy:
Dawson’s Creek
E.R.
Rocko’s Modern Life
Daria
Eerie Indiana
Herman’s Head
Norm
2 Guys and a Girl

I would at least consider buying:
Roswell
Sisters
Picket Fences
Batman Beyond
American Gothic
Space Ghost Coast To Coast
The Young Riders (it was my favorite show when I was 10 :slight_smile: )

Hmm for me…

She-ra and He-man (the originals and when possible the new He-man)
Pretender
Outer Limits

Eerie, Indiana has 3 shows out on one DVD. Search for it at amazon.com, it’s pretty cheap. I think they’re the first three shows.

Family Guy
Twin Peaks

We’ve got all of Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Stingray and Captain Scarlet. The latter two are the SO’s. I’ve never seen the appeal of supermarionation, meself.

Father Ted
Fawlty Towers
Men Behaving Badly (the British one)
Only Fools and Horses
(already have BlackAdder and AbFab)
Welcome Back, Kotter!
Good Times
The Jeffersons
The Brady Bunch
Laverne and Shirley
The (original) Love Boat
Saturday Night Live first few seasons

I’ve bought the first season of B5 on DVD, and will get the rest as they come out. I’m also planning to get DS9 when it is available next year.

I’m also buying Farscape.

I bought all five seasons of Upstairs, Downstairs on videotape some years ago.

I also have The Prisoner.

Some of these are available but I don’t have them because of money or because the reality is, I wouldn’t own them, but:

Doctor Who
Jonny Quest
Project UFO (Just to see them again)
Twilight Zone (original)
Star Blazers
I, Claudius

Does this count? I have it, but didn’t think to mention it before. It’s only 12 episodes and tells a complete story from 2 novels, so I’m inclined to think of it as mini-series.

Well, I guess it depends on the cost. I’d love to have the Space:1999 series, but not for $200.

As soon as I get my video capture working better, I plan on recording many of the series that I like but ones that I would/will buy are:

*Stargate SG-1 * This one I’m trying to record myself, since they only have two seasons out, and season one is harder to find.
*The Greatest American Hero * This is still on air in some locations, but not many. And I’ve never seen it offered on DVD
The Twilight Zone although this is another one that I’m going to try and capture myself. Sci-fi channel airs marathons fairly frequently.

I’ve got some Blackadder, MST3K, and South Park. But those aren’t really sitcoms. So now that I think about it, if I were to get some “sitcoms” for Christmas I’d hope they were That 70’s Show or Father Ted.

The League of Gentlemen

(for all you non-UK lovers of British comedy, get this NOW! I know the first series is on DVD for hire in San Francisco, dunno about anywhere else, though.)

Blake’s Seven.
The Prisoner.

Would this be the show that had in one episode a bloke who picked up a woman by telling her he had a wooden leg? I saw some British comedy with this story line and it was funny as hell.

I would like to get Magnum P.I. on DVD, they did a few eps on video but none on DVD that I know of.

Head of the Class
Wonder Years (pre-puberty)
Sports Night
Undeclared
Whose Line is it Anyway? (US)
Seinfeld

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
Blackadder

This wasn’t The League of Gentlemen, this was Coupling. I have to admit, I never saw much of the series, but I did love that episode. In times of stress, my father proclaims to the world: “I’ve got the keys to heaven - but I’ve got too many legs!”

As for what show I’d got for… I’ve got to second, or is it third(?) MAS*H.
The problem is, of course, this will never happen. Not only do I have no money, only the first few seasons are out on DVD/video.

I’ll never see the last episode…

Night Court for guys; Nanny for gals.

Between us, my best friend and I have the whole series on DVD, up to the end of season 5 - Meridian and Revelations.
I get them from Amazon’s British site - they’re quite expensive, but worth it for the nights of popcorn and shouting at the TV.

Live action:
Firefly, assuming the show makes it to video/DVD. :frowning:
Sports Night
Alias

Animated:
Batman Beyond
X-Men: Evolution
Visions of Escaflowne
Cowboy Bebop

The ‘Carry On’ series…I don’t think we can get it in the States.

I wonder if it would be dated now since I haven’t seen it in yeeeeeeears.