What TV Shows do you wish were still on the air?

Dewaholic: Do a search for Small Wonder and you will find a thread I started of the same name. Be afraid, be very afraid.

HUGS!
Sqrl

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

Did anyone else watch Cupid last season (or was it the season before that.) I loved the show, but they put it against Fraisure, so it was doomed to failure.

I have to Echo “The Tick” god I miss that show.

Now I think I’m gonna cry.

The Pink Panther Cartoon Show
America’s Funniest Home Videos

(I never watched the version with that MTV bimbo Daisy Fuentes. To my way of thinking, only a fool would follow Bob Saget.)

I forgot to mention that The Critic and The Tick are being shown on Comedy Central, Sunday nights. I’ve never seen The Tick, but The Critic is really freakin’ funny!

I remember the Lost Cities Of Gold.

Above average kids fare, I must agree.

Was on in the early 90’s, too.

E-Mail the Nick website & ask them!

Who knows; it might be coming back soon. If so, e-mail me.

Is an appreciation of beauty a function of the human soul?

SqrlCub,

Thanks for the entertaining thread on Small Wonder. It’s frightening that there is actually a webring devoted to that bizarre show.

Your sig line in the old threads reminded me of another show to add to this list:

The Young Ones! (even though if they were still doing it now, it would just be sad if they were still living together and still in college, plus the fact that their car went off the CLIIIIIFFFFF at the end of the last show…)

“They have the internet on computers now.”–Homer J. Simpson

Jeffrey Jones. And, in case anyone was wondering, JEH was Phineas Bogg.

MAS*H
Twilight Zone
Quantum Leap
Outer Limits
ZOOM (ok, so it was a kid show… but I liked it!!!)
Electric Factory (see above comment)
The COurtship of Eddies FAther
ADAM-12
Emergency!
Monty Python(He’s pining for the fjords!!)

I’m sure I’ll come up with others… :slight_smile:

OK, so God created me; so he has control over me; so he has no right to bitch about anything I do.

Star Trek DS9.

ReBoot
Quantum Leap
Robotech

are the three shows I miss the most. I am sure there are lots more but these are the three that popped into my head when I read the OP.

“Glitch … BFG.” - Bob the Guardian

Northern Exposure
Seinfeld
The Super Friends
The (old) Love Boat
The Monkees (!)
Cristi: I loved them too! When it was on I had a huge crush on Mike! The ugliest Monkee!

Andrea,

Do you meant Electric Company on PBS with Rita Mareno and Morgan Freeman? On an installment of “Where are they now” on VH1, they said Irene Cara was also on the show when she was a kid.

If that’s what you’re talking about, I liked that show, too. If not, then in the words of Gilda Radner–“Never mind”.

“They have the internet on computers now.”–Homer J. Simpson

Dew…it was a PBS show, but I dunno about Rita and MOrgan… :slight_smile: That was a LONG time ago, and I’m gettin old… :slight_smile:

Some other shows:

Room 222
NightStalker
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Nanny and the Professor
and some cartoons:

Kimba
Underdog
Johnny Quest (original)
I forget the name,but the one with Penelope Pitstop, Dick Dastardly and Muttley

Yes, I am a brat…and it’s hard work!!

In honor of SqrlCub:

The Misfits of Science (wasn’t Courtney Cox in this?)

Manimal

The cheesy Tron rip-off, where the guy had a digital car, instead of a digital cycle.

The Greatest American Hero (“Believe it or not, I’m walking on air. I never thought I would feel so freee-ee-eeee”).

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

FOX didn’t cancel the Family Guy, it just took a little break for some reason.

I think I read somewhere that it’ll be back in December.

Thanks for the info on The Awful Truth! I’ll be sure to watch it next week. Yay!

Of course, seeing these lists makes me want to revise my own. I’ll tack on: Northern Exposure, Picket Fences (both in reruns on A&E, however), MST3K, and, of course, the SD show. Oh, and ST:TNG & DS9.

~Kyla

Dewaholic: I love The Young Ones. I own all four of their videos. I laugh every time I see it (yes, I watch it over and over and over and over…sorry Rocky Horror seems to have come back). The reason that I like British sitcoms so much is that they usually end. I just wish The Young Ones was on for another season.

I remember The Lost Cities of Gold. It was very entertaining at the time plus Estabon looked like my friend Danny, but with neater hair.

I seem to remember the name* Misfits of Science* but not any of the episodes.

Is Duckman still on? I used to watch it whence I still had cable.

Oh well.
HUGS!
Sqrl

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

I think it would be apropriate if “Space 1999” came back for a run.

“Stop the rope and let me in or I’ll go out and get some gin”

Oh my GOD! I can’t believe I forgot about Mst3k!

Also…
Twin Peaks
I saw a spoof of this last night on Darkwing Duck “Twin Beaks” Uurrggghhh, but it still made me laugh!
Duckman
Does anyone remember Probe?
I think it had Robert Urich in it.
and Strange Luck also. I loved that show… all four episodes.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words’ll make me sit in a darkened corner and cry for hours.
Kyoko Baby,
Shane

Americas Funniest Home Videos. With Bob Saget. I LOVED that show and now all they do is show worn out re-runs. It was getting really big there for a time and going international and all, then, poof! It was gone. Americas funniest people kinda sucked. The current Americas Funniest whatever, bites! All of the others have bit, blown and not been very good and they STILL will not bring Bob back and restart Americas Funniest Home Videos.

Mark
“Think of it as Evolution in action.”