What was the last Movie you've seen in a theater?

For me it was the craptastic Fantasy Island remake a year ago today.

I really hope theaters make it through this because that can’t be the last movie I see. What’s yours?

I can’t even remember. Damn. I guess it was forgettable. It was over a year ago at this point.

That was the film, not when I saw it.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

I guess it would be great to see the next Mission Impossible if it is really released late this year.

Hah! Me too. I remember being impressed with the recliner seats in the theater, but not as much with the movie.

ETA: I think it was Ant Man and the Wasp, so summer of 2018. Decent movie, not as good as the first Ant Man movie.

Think it was Jojo Rabbit. Which was excellent. And in one of those swanky theatres where you sit on sofas.

Either 1917 or The Invisible Man.

Wow, I have no idea. I stopped going to theaters long ago. My hearing is so bad I prefer captions, but my vision is good enough to be bothered by other’s screens. I watch movies on my tablet most nights, though.

Star Trek: Generations. November 18th 1994.

I took the grandkids to see the new Jungle Book in 2016.

First Cow on March 7, 2020. That had been my 20th film seen during 2020. Until March I usually averaged 9-10 films per month.

We saw TENET in October. There were only four people in the theater, and three employees doing concessions/tickets. Our theater has gone to weekends only since then, but I’m guessing we’ll do another movie under these circumstances. It certainly felt safe enough.

Movie theaters are actually going to reopen at limited capacity here next week, they’ve been closed since March. Even though I saw 113 films in the theater during 2019, I’m not returning until I get vaccinated.

First run of the first Jurassic Park movie in 1993.

It appears @Eyebrows_0f_Doom and I have differing attitudes to cinema.

The 1993 Jurassic Park, shown at a revival theater back in December.

I think the last time somebody dragged me along to one was Dr. Doolittle with Eddie Murphy (1998). It wasn’t very good.

I love movies, but I have come to hate movie theaters. Crowds, people talking through the movie, people crawling over you to get to and from their seats, people kicking the back of your seat, gum and spilled drinks on the floor, and the whole place absolutely reeks of imitation butter flavoring. No thanks.

I know you see a lot and I thought about you in 2020. Did you move a lot of the viewing over to TV. Were you buying the theatrical releases that went digital and watching at home?

Are you going to plan on watching all this year’s releases that are getting digital releases along with their theatrical ones?

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker back in December 2019

My husband and I saw Never Surrender: A Galaxy Quest Documentary, which I think was in December, 2019. It was a lot of fun.

Arrrggh! Sorry, sore subject for two reasons.

1. I retired a year ago. One reason was so I could spend more time going to movies. Local theaters had deals like $5 Tuesdays or Seniors Night, and I was SO happy… while it lasted.

2. I’d normally have a classy answer to this “last movie” question. I mean, I’d just seem Parasite and 1917… but then, thanks to that $5 Tuesday, I went by myself and the only movie I hadn’t seen was . . . Sonic the Hedgehog.