What was the last Movie you've seen in a theater?

It was more than likely Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker for me as well. I only see movies in the theater once or twice a year in normal times, usually for special effects heavy movies that I figure are worth going to see in IMAX 3D, and Star Wars movies fall into that category.

The last show I specifically remember watching in a theater was Hobbs and Shaw.

After years of a gradual building dislike of going to cinemas at all, I winnowed down the only reasons to go would be for the Star Wars, Marvel, and Pixar films. Then after Inside Out I dropped Pixar to “wait for home video” status, and now that Star Wars has reached a hiatus, that only leaves Marvel to get me out of the house. If 2020 had been a real year, I would have listed the slated releases of Black Widow, Shang-Chi, or Eternals, but as they were all delayed, the last I saw was the disappointing Rise Of Skywalker.

That last Avengers movie.

(there are links to other years from that page.)

Based on that, I think it was Endgame.

Sadly, it has been so long I can’t remember. It would have been the last Star Wars or Joker movie, which I realize is quite a stretch. My geek/nerd son takes me to the movies and he picks them, I let him because I just wanted to be with him doing something he liked. I’m guessing it was in January of 2020.

A far as I can remember, it was Captain Marvel.

Portrait of a Lady on Fire in late February 2020. It was excellent, and gorgeous — well worth seeing in a theater.

I was showing signs of being really sick at the time. I knew I’d probably have to take time off work and decided I’d carpe the diem and go see a ton of movies while I was out. Hilarious.

@amarinth Thanks for that, it was definitely the Rise of Skywalker. Haven’t been in a movie theater since 2019, it seems.

Borat, 2006.

I saw Avengers: Endgame in theaters back in 2019.

(Snip mine.)

Weren’t a fan of Inside Out? I thought that was one of the best of the bunch.

I am a lone voice of dissent, it seems.

March 12, 2020 - The Hunt

I was gonna go see Onward that weekend, but… things changed.

I am so looking forward to when I can reactivate my AMC membership

Are they going to still be doing that? Is this the movie-pass thing?

Yes- I got an email explaining I can reactivate any time now or just wait until they automatically reactivate it in July,

No- it’s not a movie pass thing. They actually make money from it. But it allows outliers who see more than 4 movies a month to save money.

Despicable Me while my truck was being fixed.

Star Wars OT (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi) on an IMAX screen this past weekend.
Next weekend it’ll be a Lord of the Rings marathon at the local cinema.

If I remember correctly the last theater movie I saw was when I took my grandchildren to see Frozen 2 about a year and a half-two years ago.

Here’s a good page to jog your memory.