What was the last widely quoted Simpsons episode?

The Simpsons contributed thousands of quotes to the pop culture canon during it’s golden years but as it declined in quality and people stopped watching it, the quote spigot dried up.

What’s the latest episode of The Simpsons that is still widely quoted? I nominate S012E18, Trilogy of Errors which gave us “Inflammable means flammable? What a country?”

Can anyone come up with a later episode?

‘The Debarted’ from S19 has “The rat symbolizes obviousness!”

I’m actually not familiar with either of those quotes, though I can not provide you a quote that is recent and common.

I see that “The Goggles! They do nothing!” is from season 7. What major quote are after that? I am sure that some don’t consider that a major quote, but I thought it was well known.

Season 8 has the Treehouse of Horror with Kang and Kodos replacing Clinton and Dole. Lots of quotes from that! “Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!”

Season 9 has “Khlav kalash” and “A gun is a tool, like a butcher knife or a harpoon or an alligator”.

Season 10: “There’s the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way!” and “You don’t snuggle with Max Power; you strap yourself in and feel the gees!”

I think anything post 2002 or so would never have reached a wide enough audience to truly be “widely quoted.” I’ve never heard those examples from season 18 and 19, and I’m a pretty hip dude.

Of the quotes in this thread, this is the latest I am familiar with.

There’s a huge gap between heard before, familiar with, and then widely quotable. I can only think of a handful that I actually quote and only the goggles would kinda maybe fit the description.

I like and know the Max Powers quote but I would never use it.

the show is so full of good stuff it’s hard to sort it all out.

My latest quote is at least a couple of years old- a friend recently was diagnosed with gout & I responded , a la Police Chief Wiggums, “He loves his port wine and lobster, but it does come with a price.”

Same here.

When did Apu say “That’s the most pungent thing I have ever smelt and I am from India.”

Season 8 also gave us Poochie.

I think you nailed it. Also from that ep, but rarely quoted unless you’re in an English Department, “Linguo IS dead.”

Worst. Episode. Ever.” was from Season 8’s (96-97) “Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie”. I can’t think of one more recent than that.

I gave up on the show around Season 13, so I’m unfamiliar with the inflammible/flammible one. I do remember “Cheers” doing essentially the same joke with Woody.

The Apu quote was from season 14.

[I had failed to take my own advice - instead of looking it up, I asked someone else]

I think that might be it. I remember thinking it was jumping the shark at that point, but that quote has held on when referencing things that suck.

How about from last season

It’s 4am. You kids should have been in bed half-an-hour ago.

Poochie had a lot of quotable lines too. I have to go, my planet needs me.

No.

While The Simpsons may have started it’s decline around S8, there’s undoubtably eminently quotable lines from later seasons. Just the other day, I used S10E19 quote “Everything’s coming up Milhouse!” and that same episode gave us “Why must I fail at every attempt at masonry”, “Le Grille? What the hell is Le Grille?” & “You can call him Ray, or you can call him Jay, or you can call him Ray Jay, but you doesn’t have to call him…”.