What was the worst movie you ever really enjoyed?

There are a few:

Classic: Repo Man
Iconic: Toxic Avenger (Troma Films had so many to choose from.)
Just…I dunno: Street Trash (Makes the Toxic Avenger seem tame.)

Any of these will win your local bad (yet somehow good despite everything) film competition.

I liked that one. Sally was a hoot. I used to watch soap operas during the school holidays, when I was a little kid. I thought they captured the silliness.

My favourite movie is “Tootsie”. I think I’m supposed to be embarrassed about it, but I’m not. I love that movie.

I really don’t know whether a movie is supposed to “be bad”, I just decide for myself, so I’m not really sure as to the ones I need to “confess” to liking. I only really care if I’ve paid money at the cinema. At home on the TV, I am much more tolerant.

Tank Girl is as silly as they come, but I always watch it if it’s on. Lori Petty is funny.

Thirding the vote for Little Nicky. I’m no Adam Sandler fan, but there are a lot of chuckle-worthy bits in this movie.

Most of my top picks have already been mentioned, so I’ll go with The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia.

Tank Girl is great.

Absolutely no need to feel embarrassed about liking Tootsie. Number two on AFI’s 100 Years…100 Laughs, a list of the funniest American movies. Rotten Tomatoes has it at 89%, and Roger Ebert gave it four out of four stars. And it was nominated for ten Academy Awards including Best Actor, Best Director and Best Picture. (Jessica Lange won for Best Supporting Actress.)

Seconded. Also Earth Girls Are Easy.

The reverse goes for me with *Ghostbusters II. *. Most do see it as a “meh” comedy movie and I agree; unlike the first movie, most of the jokes fell flat; but it clicks for me as a nice action-adventure film.

It’s entirely based on nostalgia now. It barely holds up, but James Horner’s music keeps me interested.

Yeah, me too.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

(not as fringe as it sounds…has Jeff Goldblum in it among other recognizable actors)

Actually available for free to Amazon Prime members.

That movie was godawful … but a young Kim Cattrall was smokin’ hot in it! I think I saw it at the theater at least twice, because I was in my early 20s and in lust.

I’ll join you on the couch to watch. It had one of my all time favourite move quotes.
After threatening to cut out someones heart with a spoon
Stupid lackey: “Why a spoon cousin?”
The Sheriff: “Because it’s dull you idiot, it’ll hurt more!”

I may be ostracised from the board forevermore for this admission, but I actually enjoy watching Starship Troopers. :o Yes it’s a terrible movie, with no real connection whatsoever to the book, but as a dumb, switch my brain way-off piece of entertainment, it’s a guilty pleasure.

‘Repo Man’ scores 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. Don’t think that counts as a “bad movie”.

One of the greatest movie titles ever!

The movie itself was OK entertainment.

Troll II.

‘Nuff said.

I think I’ve mentioned this one on the Dope before; but – Attack On The Iron Coast (1967, directed by Paul Wendos). Saw it by chance when it was new: it was the B picture accompanying the offering I’d actually gone to see. A World War II “ripping yarn”, containing pretty well all the most hackneyed WWII (European theatre) cliches, that there have ever been.

If there is a distinction – I honestly opine that it fell on the side of “so awful and ‘covering all trope bases’ that it was a pleasure to watch”, rather than of "enjoyed making fun of ".

If only Kevin Costner had come down with the flu; it actually had potential.

Gentlemen Broncos is just all kinds of fucked up, but I always enjoy watching it.

I’m sure it’s not the worst movie I’ve enjoyed, but D.E.B.S. is currently offered by Prime and gets a 32% in Rotten Tomatoes. Yes, it’s a movie which doesn’t try to be any kind of “art”. It also skirts real close (and those are some seriously short skirts) to a lot of dangerous pitfalls and manages to avoid them, something many supposedly good movies aren’t half as good at.