I have been unsuccessfully trying to remember the name of a Canadian-made cop show which was syndicated and run for a couple of years on late-night U.S. TV (in the late '70s-80s, I think). It mainly focused on one male detective, his newspaper reporter buddy and a semi-attractive waitress.
I Googled for CBC shows and it doesn’t seem to be listed among them. It was not “Sidestreet”, “Cold Squad”, “Police Surgeon” or “Contemporary Farming Practices in Saskatchewan”.
Anyone remember it (it actually was pretty good)? It wasn’t explicitly set in any locale, but was obviously Canadian and confirmed as such in the credits.
[QUOTE=Jackmannii]
I Googled for CBC shows…
[/QUOTE]
There’s your problem. Night Heat was a CTV production. It was on the CTV network in prime time in Canada.
I remember it well. Sometimes, I find myself saying, “O’Brien, Mid-South; my partner, Giambone. Ya got a minute?” as drily as possible. Some people still recognize the reference.