What was this toy dinosaur-skeleton kit? (80s or 90s)

…after another odd conversation, I’m trying to ID a toy set I had as a kid.

This was in about the late 80s or early 90s. The toy set was little snap-together dinosaur skeletons—several pieces of generic skeleton components (ribcage; vertebrae section for tail/neck; tail piece; pelvis’; big legs; little forelegs), along with a few specific skulls. There were at least a T-Rex (also the vestigial t-rex arms), Triceratops, some sauropod, and a mammoth (!). The idea being that you could snap them together appropriately to make actual prehistoric creatures, or make hybrid freaks to your heart’s desire. The joints were articulated, and the necks/tails/spines were actually a bit bendable, as they were molded around a thick wire.

There were no other pieces—like cavemen, weapons, etc.—and each skeleton would be about the size of a chihuahua when assembled. They came in a tan plastic case molded to look like a wooden crate, with a handle, maybe the size of a couple of shoeboxes.

I don’t think they wereKenner’s “Bone Age” toys—the skeletons were constructed differently, and I think the skulls were actually a little more accurate. Also, like I said, no weapons, cavemen, etc.

I know I’ve still got the toy set, but it’s in the attic right now. Which is too hot, dusty, and spider-filled for me to search on a lark at the moment.

Can anyone ID this one before it drives me (more) insane?

Hello,
I had this toy as a child too and it is driving me crazy trying to find it anywhere. Did you find the name of the toy? If you could give me any information I’d greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Is this it?

http://www.thisoldtoy.com/l_fp_set/toy-pages/6000s/6613-designasaurbones.html

Yes!!! Thank you so much! I can’t believe you found it! Amazing.

10.5 years total, but only 2 hours and few minutes since the bump. Not bad in the aggregate, I suppose, since the question did get answered.

Good job, sweepkick!

Indeed, that’s the one! Thank you!

Man…it’s like cracking open KV62 around this place, sometimes. :sunglasses:

Where’s that Steve Martin smiley?

It’s impossible to find a complete set for sale. They don’t make toys like they used to.
Glad I stumbled upon this forum