What was this weird, cryptic website?

There was this website - I definitely read about it here on this board - that was very strange and mysterious (quite deliberately so.) It was like, some kind of listing of different objects or specimens or something, like the context of it was some kind of scientific database…but there was all this text blanked out in everything, so you could never really understand what each item listed was supposed to be.

I know I’m not imagining this site. It was definitely real. I don’t think it had any real purpose other than as an interesting piece of experimental literature or something. What was this?

ETA: it was very “House of Leaves”-esque, if that helps at all.

The SCP Foundation? I love it.

That is definitely it, thanks. Although I must say, I remember it as being way more deliberately confusing and obtuse. I remember whole walls of blanked out text and indecipherable information…I saw it years ago.

Some parts are more heavily redacted than others, yeah. I like the self-referential nature of the stories - repeating historical events from different perspectives, and I like the way they manage to keep such a collaborative work coherent.

"Additional: SCP-076 was found in ████████████, Mongolia, in 18██, by archaeologists from England. All members of the expedition were subsequently killed on the return voyage home. SCP-076 was recovered from the ship █████ ███████ by the ███████ Society (one of the organizations that later merged into the modern Global Occult Coalition) and placed on display in their Inner Sanctum.

SCP-076 remained in storage for ███████ (██) years, until SCP-076-2 became active and escaped on ██-██-████. The reason for SCP-076’s activation is currently unknown, but it was at this point that the keys to the outer shell were lost. A massive manhunt, lasting over three (3) years and ████ ███████, took place until SCP-076-2 was incapacitated by ██████████ ███████, killing it and causing it to reform inside SCP-076-1, by then retrieved and secured by agents of the SCP Foundation."

Um… WTF? :confused:

Is this some delusional conspiracy theory rendered into an incoherent website? Some elaborate joke?

I’m whooshed.

In some ways it reminds me of the sinister Schwa Corporationwebsite of the 90’s, only not as entertaining. Don’t bother with the new Schwa website, Bill Barker has nothing to do with it.

It’s a collaborative series of stories in wiki format, presented as if it were real.

Right, anyone can contribute a ‘report’, which accounts for the widely varying quality. Some of them are first rate, like the very creepy Hanged King’s Tragedy, others, perhaps most, aren’t much good.

If you like to write creepy things they have a guide:

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/how-to-write-an-scp

It has a TV Tropes page too.

I’ve looked at the site a bit; two ones I like are this and this.