What was your first election, who did you first vote for?

1972 would certainly have been the first time I was eligible to vote, and if I did it would most definitely have been for the Liberal Party (with Trudeau as leader). However, I didn’t recall whether I actually bothered. I usually vote, but I’ve never considered it an over-riding priority if I have something “better” to do that day.

1996 - I was 19, and I voted for Clinton.

I am a total geek for remembering this but my first vote was NO on some San Bernardino County bond measure back in 1990. It would improve CA-71 from a crappy 2-lane road to a real honest to goodness highway through Chino Hills. I voted No because both LA and Riverside Counties would not be fixing up their parts of the road so what would be the point. As for President my first vote was in '92 for Bush. That was the only time I have voted at the polling place; every other time I have ever voted and probably will vote is absentee.

Hey, it’s the only thing I’m good at. Work with me here.

I turned 18 in 1979, an off-year for elections in New York. There were no exciting races or important offices on the ballot that year. I recall voting for Republican Rosemary Gunning as my state Assemblywoman… otherwise, I’m drawing a blank.

I ain’t taking the blue ribbon for Geezer, but I think I deserve an Honoerable Mention Award. My first was 1968

I was stuck in a bunker in Viet Nam and was pretty disgusted with it all. The choices, hmmm, well let’s just say the field wasn’t all that hot. We had Tricky Dick and Hubert, and on the Independent ticket, George Wallace.

I voted for a couple of write-ins - Bugs and Daffy.