What were the words to the "Looney Tunes" Song?

I always heart 'cut the lights" but “curtain, lights” makes a lot or sense. It also jibes more with the people who hear “curb the lights”.

Since the people here are so good at naming Looney Tune songs, what is the song that Daffy rigs the piano to blow up when a certain key is hit and Bugs keeps playing it wrong, enraging Daffy who plays it correctly and blows himself up dead.?

Yeah, that was as clear as mud. I hope someone knows what I mean.

I always heard it as “curtain, lights.” Bugs, with his Brooklyn accent, pronounces it as “coitain, lights,” which is evidence that it’s “curtain,” not “cut the.” A Brooklynite wouldn’t pronounce “cut” as “coit.” On top of that, there’s a distinct “n” sound at the end of “curtain,” and there’s no “th” sound.

That’s a traditional Irish melody, best known with the lyrics “Believe Me, if All Those Endearing Young Charms”.

Overture, curtains, lights,
This is it, the night of nights
No more rehearsing and nursing a part
We know every part by heart
Overture, curtains, lights
This is it, you’ll hit the heights
And oh what heights we’ll hit
On with the show this is it
(musical interlude)
Tonight what heights we’ll hit
On with the show this is it

[quote=“Skywatcher, post:43, topic:244258”]

That’s a traditional Irish melody, best known with the lyrics “Believe Me, if All Those Endearing Young Charms”.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

In theatre, the show starts when the curtain is raised, i.e., the main curtain, regardless of how many might be on or around the stage.

I say this as one who has trod the boards more than once in his life. :cool:

I didn’t write the song-I merely gave you the correct words to it.

[quote=“Skywatcher, post:43, topic:244258”]

[/QUOTE]

WB cartoons were great in recycling old tunes like “I’m Lookin’ Over a Four-Leaf Clover,” “We’re in the Money,” and “The Latin Quarter,” which would probably be forgotten today. They, along with the old Harveytoons (the ones with the singalongs) I used to watch on kids’ TV, were an important part of my musical education.

My favorite is Bugs Bunny’s rendition of “The Daughter of Rosie O’Grady,” “a regular old-fashioned goil.”

Debatable. :wink:

Speaking of old songs brought back from the dead-- not Looney Tunes but Merrie Melodies-- Drink To Me With Only Thine Eyes. I’m sure I never, ever would have heard this if it wasn’t for cartoons. Side question-- Is there a difference between Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies?

Yes, there is:

Bugs Bunny sings:

A great moment in cinema! :cool:

Not much. And since 1944, none at all according to this link.

Buggs and Fudd were young once…

All the world was gay.
Swinging on its way.
Things were looking brighter day by day.
Love was never wrong.
Life was just a song.
'Till that Looney Tooney came along.

Ooh, I’m goin’ coo coo, woo woo.
Here comes the choo choo, woo woo.
I’m so gooney, looney tooney, touched in the head.
Please pass the catsup, I think I’ll go to bed.
Ain’t I a screwball, woo woo.
Throw me the eight ball, woo woo.
Once I knew a thing or two, now I’m a buckaroo.
Hinky dinky parlay woo woo.

YouTube
Matt Hunter
Bugs Bunny Hare Um Scare Um

I misheard that for decades.

There’s a WWII cartoon where a bear is singing Shovin right off for Home does anybody know the name of the cartoon?

I do not have the answer to this question but, thanks to you, I have Shoving right off to home, shoving right off to home, shoving right off to home again! playing over and over in my head.

I know, Right? Top ten earworm.

Sylvester sings it, along with a much of other old tunes, in Back Alley Oproar. It won’t let me link it for some reason.

Thanks. But this guy was on a ship, swabbing the deck.