What will/would/did you do for your 10th anniversary?

We had the kids do an overnight at my parents, then went and had couples day at a spa, followed by dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and a night at a really nice hotel.

Kids and/or finances can make this a different discussion. Europe on a tenth anniversary sounds wonderful - but it isn’t really a plausible trip with small kids.

For our tenth, we went out for a ridiculously expensive dinner. Haven’t splurged like that on a meal before or since. (I think it was something like $150 with tip.)

For our twentieth, which is sneaking up on us in a few years, we might get nicer rings. The wedding was a quickie, so the rings were inexpensive and quickly chosen. With 20 years under our belts, I think we’ve earned something a little classier.

Glad for this thread, as ours is coming up in December. We don’t usually do much, but we may treat this one as a landmark.

My sister is also celebrating her 10th (just a few months earlier) so we discussed meeting them somewhere like Vegas. But it’s also appealing to think about doing something with our son. Not exactly “romantic,” but he’s an important part of our marriage too.

I’m looking at that duplooy’s link from madmonk and doing some pondering.

I’ll be darned if I can remember…but we’re sneaking up on our 20th in a couple of years and I’d sure like THAT one to be memorable! :smiley:

Well, I was planning on surprising the wife with a cruise to Alaska for our 10th…
then she surprised me with “I’m pregnant!” and the due date was our actual anniversary date. So I had to scrap the cruise and instead we went to San Diego for a weekend and got her a really nice diamond anniversary band.

Our 20th anniversary was much more quieter…a very nice dinner at a very nice restaurant, coffee and other evening activities that were memorable.

Our tenth is coming up in March of 2008. We want to renew our vows, possibly on the Reef Roamer catamaran:
http://www.reef-roamer.com/

then go on a second honeymoon, probably a cruise through the Bahamas and visit Atlantis: (warning, music)

http://www.atlantis.com/flash.aspx

We just got back from our ten-year, and it was Belize as well- specifically Ambergris Caye. We had a blast- the diving wasn’t as nice as we would’ve hoped for, but the island more than made up for it. Everyone there was incredibly friendly, everything was fairly cheap, and the food was amazing.

Our tenth was a New England cruise followed by five days in New York City. (Granted, we took the trip a good two months before the anniversary date, but the cruise lines don’t go to NE in December…)

We spent the weekend at a B & B at the Amana colonies in Iowa.
Good thing we hadn’t planned on traveling very far - our 10th anniversary was the weekend after the 9/11 attack.

We took a long weekend road trip, and attempted to find Celtic knot wedding bands (I’d discovered Scottish connections on both branches of my family tree). Since my fingers are so small, the bands ended up waiting for nearly a year, but we tried!

A good friend of mine had her and her husband’s wedding bands (which they’d become a bit heavy for- her through 2 pregnancies and him through just good eating) enlarged as a gift for him. While it was off, he had his wedding band tattooed onto his ring finger as a sign of permanence, which majorly touched her (though he said it hurt worse than any other tattoo he ever got).

We found a cozy bed and breakfast in the Berkshires and had a lovely weekend there.

You might try researching B&Bs … if your finances or time limits keep you in Ohio, I’m sure there are some nice ones there. Otherwise, you could pick a rural area you’d like to visit, and check out B&Bs there. Say … the Ozarks or something.

We just had our 25th anniversay but thanks to the way our travel and family obligations worked out this summer I was in Mexico visiting my parents and my husband was in Washington, DC attending a conference sponsored by his employer. Some 25th :frowning: