What will/would/did you do for your 10th anniversary?

Our 10th anniversary is coming and we’d like to do something special, but honestly, we’re not coming up with anything that both of us are oohing and aahing over.

For our honeymoon, we went to DC. We were toying with the idea of going back, but I don’t think it’s really inspiring us.

So, this is both a poll and an attempt to crib ideas for myself. :slight_smile:

What did you/will you/would you do to celebrate your 10th anniversary?

I suppose it entirely depends on what you guys are into and how much you can spend.

I adore traveling and history, so it would mean so much to me to go to Europe; but if money were an issue, I’d go for the pyramids in Mexico. You’d be amazed how cheaply you can go see everything down there, what with airfare deals, hotel deals, and such.

Uhhhh. Glad you mentioned it. Mine is on the 22nd. Any ideas would be appreciated here also.

I think that was the year we saw Lyle Lovett in concert. The huz and I generally don’t make a big fuss about our anniversary, so I don’t have any ideas for you to steal.
Sorry.

We’re getting married again. Next May.

For us, it will be a trip to Belize, specifically to Duplooys lodge (www.duplooys.com) which is where we went on the best vacation either of us have ever had.

I gave my darling Marcie new engagement and wedding rings.

We don’t have anything planned (the date is a couple months in the future), but that’s pretty much in line with our previous anniversaries. We were together for about 8 years prior to getting married anyway, so the anniversary’s number doesn’t really correspond to the occasion properly.

We visited family in Connecticut a few days before the date and left our son with an awesome cousin while I took the wife to a bed & breakfast in Mystic for a couple of days. It was off peak season so it was wonderfully quiet and she was able to take a lot of photos not just of there, but also along the coast to Newport, RI.

Honestly? We’ll go to a nice restaurant. That’s it. The day to day is more important than the anniversary for us. :slight_smile:

We rode our bikes to the frozen yogurt store. (We had a two-for-one coupon.) Then we had lamb chops for dinner, because that’s what we had on our wedding night. We spent the whole reception, almost, getting our picture taken, and by the time we go to the reception almost all the food was eaten.

Regards,
Shodan

We rented out a club’s lounge area and had a party with free booze, food and live music with our parents and about 40 close friends, many of whom were also at our wedding. It was a blast. Also, I bought my wife an anniversary diamond band, had her wedding ring rhodium dipped, and re-set her engagement stone into a white gold pendant. It took us about two years to pay for it, but it was worth it.

We did that too. New handmade wedding rings. I can’t for the life of me remember what we did on our 20th, though.

My wife and I got remarried in the Church. I’m sure you would enjoy something similar. :smiley:

We went to Disney World (Magic Kingdom)! And stayed at one of my company’s hotels for free, and had a free dinner on the company as well (I had won an award at work).

On our 10th anniversary, our youngest son, aged about 1, was in hospital. Because of his age, at least one of us wanted to be with him there at all times. So I brought some take-out Chinese and a bottle of wine, and our 10th anniversary dinner was in a quiet corner of the hispital next to the children’s playground there. Very romantic!

For our 10th wedding anniversary, my wife and I took an epic vacation. We started with a few days in London and then flew down to Cape Town, South Africa. After a few days in Cape Town we rented a car and drove the Garden Route alone the southern coast of S.A. From there we flew to Botswana for a week of safari. Next we went to Zambia to see Victoria Falls. Finally we went back to London for two days. One of them was the actual 10th Anniversary. That night we went to what was at the time one of the hottest new restaurants in town. It was a great time.

Three years later we were divorced so make of that what you will. :stuck_out_tongue:

We attempted to go out for dinner at one of the nicest restaurants in the DC area (l’Auberge Chez François).

The word “attempted” is important here: We were in a head-on collision en route on a winding country road.

Once we realized we were alive, we jumped out and determined that the two kids (19-20 years old) in the other car, which had hit us, were likewise. Then we giggled hysterically for a while.

While waiting for the police, we were talking with the kids and I said something along the lines of its being a memorable way to celebrate the 10th anniversary. One of the kids asked “So, what present do you give for the 10th anniversary?”. My beloved spouse looked at the wreckage and said, without missing a beat, “Oh, bent metal!”.

So: for our 10th, we had a very belated pizza courtesy of Dominos, a wrecked car, and a lot of aches and pains. OTOH, we walked away from an accident that could have killed 4 people and there aren’t many rushes that beat that feeling! I don’t recommend it, however!

After the “bent metal conversation”, the police arrived. It was perhaps not the best time for me to ask Typo Knig, loudly, “How are you going to explain this to your wife?”. The policeman filling out the report did not seem to have a sense of humor.

Right now, it looks like we will be attending the wedding of my BIL. This worked out great for us, a big party for free! :slight_smile: Seriously, I think there is something romantic about spending it celebrating a younger couple getting married, but I can see how it would be difficult to plan to do this on purpose for your anniversary.

We took a 4 day cruise for our 5th, which was June 06. No plans yet for the 10th but since we enjoy travel it’ll probably be a trip of some kind. He wants to go to Rio, so that is a strong possibility.