What woman in history do you dislike the most?

Oprah Winfrey. 2nd biggest narcissist on the planet.

Eva Braun. How could she be intimate with that monster?

Chances are, she knew nothing of the Holocaust, and power and fame have always made people attractive.

Ilse Koch, the Witch of Buchenwald.

Elizabeth Báthory does not seem like the sort of person I’d put on my “who you’d like to have dinner with” wishlist (although there does appear to be some debate over the accuracy of her biography):

No matter what else there was about her, she will always be famous for the shoes.

Agree with the posters who said ‘Margaret Thatcher’. She, Reagan and Brian Mulroney in Canada did a lot of damage to western economic make up that lasts today particularly emboldened the wealthy to beat up on workers to become more wealthy.

The dead are dead to me.

I’d probably turn my back on Melania and Meghan rn.

As an Australian with British ties I fully endorse this pairing. But in the “sucky Aussies” category I’d also like to throw in Gina “two bucks a day” Reinhart, for privileged obliviousness of quite Trumpian levels.

Yeah, another for Thatcher.

I don’t know if this public reaction to her death is well known in the US, but it speaks volumes of her.

I can’t think, off the top of my head, of this sort of thing being attempted following the death of any other “regular” politician (so, excluding Mussolini and so on…) - let alone it being successful.

j

I can’t think of any women in earlier history that I really dislike. Maybe I haven’t read enough, maybe women’s deeds weren’t so visible or documented.

That’s to explain why the only person I can really think of is Sarah Palin. She’s very recent but I think it will hold up. ISTM that she was the template for the bumptious, empty-headed right-wing firebrands that are ruining American politics right now. Idiots like Boebert, Greene, the capitol mob, and of course everyone named Trump.

History will look back on this as a pivotal moment thanks to all those awful people. Of course lots of factors went into teeing up this historical moment, but she seems like the most prototypical of them all.

If you ever get a genie wish, consider asking for Schlafly to be resurrected and granted immortality in her casket, preferably in ceaseless agonizing pain from the decomposition and embalming.

ETA: I should have mentioned, I came to say Schlafly too.

On a more personal level, I’d have to add Anita Bryant. She ruined quite a few lives.

Boudicca is an excellent choice.

Ninja’d! I’ve lost sleep because of this woman.

Again to the question, why Boudicca?

Sorry, forgot to cast my vote. I know she’s not dead, but I’ll go with Ann Widdecombe. Won’t mean much to my US brethren, but trust me, she’s a beaut.

What a missed opportunity for a revival of Tramp The Dirt Down or Margaret On The Guillotine

Disagree about Maggie Thatcher. A mixed record, to be sure, but she did some good things. Above all, she was not a hypocrite, which why I agree that Mother Theresa is a possible candidate.

As for school milk - I loathed it.

Another “again to the question.” Why Boudicca? I know she is taken as the poster child for militant women, but hey, she did have a grievance against the Romans.

Neither was Hitler. Your point?